The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Review area devoted to Magic Downloads, DVDs, Videos and similar non printed formats.

Moderators: Mandrake, bananafish, Lady of Mystery, support, nickj

Dude That's Cool Magic Web Design for Magicians Best prices around! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Best prices around!

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby CArlight1958 » Oct 11th, '11, 14:25



Alfred Borden wrote: I tried another 2 players and the copies are definitely faulty.
Call me paranoid but is my thinking correct in that he might think I am being dishonest, hence the silence now?


Hello Alfred,

Have you asked them if they have checked the copy you returned?
I can understand your frustration, nothing worse then waiting for something, only for it to be faulty. Again!

I would be interested to hear how you get on. Was thinking of ordering this myself, but will wait, & see what response you get.

ATB.
CArl...

User avatar
CArlight1958
Senior Member
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Jun 3rd, '11, 06:52
Location: Leeds

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Alfred Borden » Oct 11th, '11, 14:42

CArlight1958 wrote:
Alfred Borden wrote: I tried another 2 players and the copies are definitely faulty.
Call me paranoid but is my thinking correct in that he might think I am being dishonest, hence the silence now?


Hello Alfred,

Have you asked them if they have checked the copy you returned?
I can understand your frustration, nothing worse then waiting for something, only for it to be faulty. Again!

I would be interested to hear how you get on. Was thinking of ordering this myself, but will wait, & see what response you get.

ATB.
CArl...


Coops didn't ask for first copy back, which is why I offered to send both copies back

I guess I should really give Coops 21/28 days to respond as I believe this is legally correct?

Are you watching closely? Then I'll begin...
User avatar
Alfred Borden
Senior Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Jul 20th, '11, 14:27

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Ted » Oct 11th, '11, 15:10

Rather than pursuing one person (who may be on holiday for all we know), you could try (what at least used to be) the main office?

From an older version of the privacy policy on Derren's site:

"All merchandise on the store is created in association with Objective Talent Management and is the sole property of Pow Digital Marketing Limited. 76 Prices Court, London SW11 3YS. Store enquiries and wholesale please call – 0207 223 2172."

It does seem that the store is temporarily offline, but Pow still has a relationship with Objective, it seems. From the current version of the site: "For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is POW Digital."

It might be worth calling them and CC Coops on any emails you exchange.

Ted
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Dec 3rd, '08, 22:17
Location: London

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Alfred Borden » Oct 11th, '11, 15:48

Ted wrote:Rather than pursuing one person (who may be on holiday for all we know), you could try (what at least used to be) the main office?

From an older version of the privacy policy on Derren's site:

"All merchandise on the store is created in association with Objective Talent Management and is the sole property of Pow Digital Marketing Limited. 76 Prices Court, London SW11 3YS. Store enquiries and wholesale please call – 0207 223 2172."

It does seem that the store is temporarily offline, but Pow still has a relationship with Objective, it seems. From the current version of the site: "For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 our data controller is POW Digital."

It might be worth calling them and CC Coops on any emails you exchange.


Thanks for that Ted, unfortunately this number is now out of date, I tried it a couple of weeks ago - the gent was very helpful, but was one letter out with Coops email address!

Like I said, I'll give it 28 working days from last point of contact and see what happens

Are you watching closely? Then I'll begin...
User avatar
Alfred Borden
Senior Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Jul 20th, '11, 14:27

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Alfred Borden » Oct 12th, '11, 08:20

Email received from Coops this morning

He is going to send another copy out

I assume he was busy last week as he always comes across as very helpful and goes out of his way to help

Fingers crossed :)

Are you watching closely? Then I'll begin...
User avatar
Alfred Borden
Senior Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Jul 20th, '11, 14:27

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby ej16 » Oct 14th, '11, 18:47

When I got the tape back in 2004 it had a couple of faults, no sound, no video Etc Etc

ej16
Full Member
 
Posts: 83
Joined: May 21st, '11, 09:41

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Contrabass101 » Oct 14th, '11, 18:53

Slightly unrelated question... does anyone know what the piano piece playing at the beginning is.

User avatar
Contrabass101
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Jan 19th, '09, 22:47

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby ej16 » Oct 14th, '11, 18:57

Contrabass101 wrote:Slightly unrelated question... does anyone know what the piano piece playing at the beginning is.


The piano song is The Goldberg Variations, Aria

ej16
Full Member
 
Posts: 83
Joined: May 21st, '11, 09:41

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Contrabass101 » Oct 14th, '11, 19:08

Thanks a lot

User avatar
Contrabass101
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Jan 19th, '09, 22:47

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby ej16 » Oct 14th, '11, 19:10

Contrabass101 wrote:Thanks a lot


I got addicted to it. Such a lovely tune.

ej16
Full Member
 
Posts: 83
Joined: May 21st, '11, 09:41

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby jon_kent » Oct 21st, '11, 09:40

Have you got a working copy now Alfred ?

User avatar
jon_kent
Senior Member
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Aug 8th, '11, 16:26
Location: Kent

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Alfred Borden » Oct 21st, '11, 10:30

Not yet mate

But Coops is on top of it, he's a really helpful chap

He actually checked the last one he sent fully so something weird is happening

Are you watching closely? Then I'll begin...
User avatar
Alfred Borden
Senior Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Jul 20th, '11, 14:27

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby jon_kent » Oct 21st, '11, 10:55

Mmmmm maybe its something to with how they put it to dvd that doesn't agree with your player ? You tried taking it round somebody else's house and trying it ?

User avatar
jon_kent
Senior Member
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Aug 8th, '11, 16:26
Location: Kent

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby Alfred Borden » Oct 24th, '11, 07:32

jon_kent wrote:Mmmmm maybe its something to with how they put it to dvd that doesn't agree with your player ? You tried taking it round somebody else's house and trying it ?


Something is going on, have tried it on 2 DVD players in my house but am yet to try anywhere else

Very frustrating, but like I say, Coops has been a top man and is doing all he can

Are you watching closely? Then I'll begin...
User avatar
Alfred Borden
Senior Member
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Jul 20th, '11, 14:27

Re: The Devil's Picturebook - Derren Brown

Postby jon_kent » Oct 24th, '11, 09:51

Have you made them 2 players yourself mate ;)

User avatar
jon_kent
Senior Member
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Aug 8th, '11, 16:26
Location: Kent

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews - Electronic media format

World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Aeternum Servare Secreta Playing Cards for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest