Bang On - Marc Oberon

Review area devoted to tricks and effects where props are involved.

Moderators: Mandrake, bananafish, Lady of Mystery, support, nickj

Best prices around! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Web Design for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Best prices around! Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects!

Postby RobMagic » Apr 20th, '07, 08:09



Seige,

Thanks for the answer, it's a little hard to follow the whole thread when it's so large.

Def in the shopping cart now!

Thank you

User avatar
RobMagic
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Apr 13th, '07, 10:55
Location: Manchester (32:SH)

Postby eephus » Apr 20th, '07, 20:38

For reasons that have been explained, this looks better to me than KK, but has anyone compared it to Dick Barry's 52-on-1 Card Miracle? Here's the description:

"Mental masterpiece for the millennium. Spectator mentally selects ANY CARD from a 52-on-1 Jumbo card. You instantly produce a wallet which contains the spectator's MENTALLY SELECTED CARD! Comes complete with wallet, Jumbo card and much more."

I imagine the choice on the Jumbo card may be limited, but it still looks interesting....and much less $$.

eephus
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 7th, '06, 21:42

Postby DrTodd » Apr 21st, '07, 07:42

eephus wrote:For reasons that have been explained, this looks better to me than KK, but has anyone compared it to Dick Barry's 52-on-1 Card Miracle? Here's the description:

"Mental masterpiece for the millennium. Spectator mentally selects ANY CARD from a 52-on-1 Jumbo card. You instantly produce a wallet which contains the spectator's MENTALLY SELECTED CARD! Comes complete with wallet, Jumbo card and much more."

I imagine the choice on the Jumbo card may be limited, but it still looks interesting....and much less $$.


Bang on is better by a mile IMHO....

User avatar
DrTodd
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Feb 5th, '06, 08:44
Location: East Bergholt

Postby nikyas » Apr 22nd, '07, 14:38

ok, i've gone back a couple of pages but couldnt find the answer I'm looking for.

Do we required to wear a jacket for this?
Can the wallet fit my jeans pockets?
how many pockets are required?
Is this a space consuming wallet?

User avatar
nikyas
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 15:34
Location: London

Postby gunnarkr » Apr 22nd, '07, 17:18

nikyas wrote:ok, i've gone back a couple of pages but couldnt find the answer I'm looking for.

Do we required to wear a jacket for this?
Can the wallet fit my jeans pockets?
how many pockets are required?
Is this a space consuming wallet?


Why don't you just ask exactly how this trick is done?
I can just answer: No, yes, 1 and no, but it looks like you are really demanding a revealing answer. We are not here to reval magic tricks. If you are still a sceptic after all this discussion, don't buy it. Then you don't have to worry about so many things. Just let the rest of us enjoy the thrill involved with performing Bang On. :)

gunnarkr
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Aug 24th, '06, 17:56

Postby nikyas » Apr 22nd, '07, 17:36

whats wrong with u people? I'm only asking a genuine questions. what's wrong with my questions? is it wrong to ask how much space that this trick requires? Not everyone in this world wears a jacket. Not everyone wears a slack pants.Seriously guys lets be more open minded and less sarcastic

User avatar
nikyas
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 15:34
Location: London

Postby gunnarkr » Apr 22nd, '07, 17:40

No, yes, 1 and no.

gunnarkr
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Aug 24th, '06, 17:56

Postby Brookish » Apr 22nd, '07, 18:45

I understand the questions, I also understand the others not wanting to reveal too much.... That's what magic is all about... I have a few ideas on how it is done, but I will be buying it shortly for sure, maybe I'm right, maybe not... I don't really care as I will be buying a trick with all the props needed, information and tips by the man himself and the secret will then be mine forever :)

User avatar
Brookish
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Apr 7th, '07, 22:51
Location: Antwerp

Postby nikyas » Apr 25th, '07, 17:04

i just received my Bang On today. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. Here are some clear answer to my questions:

[edited by mods.]

User avatar
nikyas
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Feb 7th, '06, 15:34
Location: London

Postby magicmonkey » Apr 25th, '07, 20:49

i think he does, he just didn't want to tip the gaff as you have hinted towards.

not a fan of sigs, so I won't bother adding o..... oh
:oops:
User avatar
magicmonkey
Senior Member
 
Posts: 918
Joined: May 19th, '06, 20:40
Location: London (33:SH/ pt WP)

Postby magicdiscoman » Apr 25th, '07, 21:14

even with an army of fifty two, now theres a blast from the past, and a good card to wallet, you'd be hard pressed to get change from £40 so this is still a bargin.

magicdiscoman
 

Postby DrTodd » Apr 26th, '07, 07:19

nikyas wrote:
You can ingore gunnarkr answers from above. He obviously does not know what he's talking about. Maybe he does not have the item


Oh dear, you just don't get it mate.

User avatar
DrTodd
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Feb 5th, '06, 08:44
Location: East Bergholt

Postby bananafish » Apr 26th, '07, 08:40

Please will everyone beware of exposure. I appreciate that there is a need to know various things about an effect before you can make an informed decision as to if it is something that will suit you, but talking about it openly in a forum is not the answer.

The review and the subsequent pages of info should be more than enough for anyone to make up there mind. If you want to know more, please speak to one of the dealers that sell it, or better still pop in and see one of them.

It is not fair to the creators of these effects to openly disect methods and methodology.

User avatar
bananafish
Consultant Moderator
 
Posts: 5813
Joined: Apr 22nd, '03, 09:43
Location: Simon Shaw. Suffolk, UK (50:SH)

Postby DrTodd » Apr 26th, '07, 09:41

bananafish wrote:Please will everyone beware of exposure. I appreciate that there is a need to know various things about an effect before you can make an informed decision as to if it is something that will suit you, but talking about it openly in a forum is not the answer.

The review and the subsequent pages of info should be more than enough for anyone to make up there mind. If you want to know more, please speak to one of the dealers that sell it, or better still pop in and see one of them.

It is not fair to the creators of these effects to openly disect methods and methodology.


Thanks Bananafish!!!

User avatar
DrTodd
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Feb 5th, '06, 08:44
Location: East Bergholt

Postby seige » Apr 26th, '07, 09:49

I'm afraid that when I mentioned 'fishing' for methods earlier in this thread, I did upset one member.

However, Bananafish is spot-on, we shouldn't discuss workings of effects in such detail. The point is, it's very easy for people to guess methods when digging and fishing is going on. A review is a review of the EFFECT, and it's the end result you should be interested in.

User avatar
seige
.
 
Posts: 6829
Joined: Apr 22nd, '03, 10:01
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews - Tricks 'n Props

Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Playing Cards for Magicians Dude That's Cool Magic Aeternum Servare Secreta UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests