Silent Butler

Review area devoted to tricks and effects where props are involved.

Moderators: Mandrake, bananafish, Lady of Mystery, support, nickj

Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Aeternum Servare Secreta Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Dude That's Cool Magic UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes.

Silent Butler

Postby Ray Noble » Jan 5th, '09, 14:34



Hello everyone,

I just found this place and like to start posting.

I bought the Silent Butler and really like it. It is a tool that will enhance your slight of hand or stage work. I have been using it for both my magic and a few of my mentalism routines.If you ever wanted to vanish or exchange items, this thing can do it! LOL

I liked it so much that I shot a video of me using it. Check it out at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouoPHVQ25g4


Best
ray

Ray Noble
Full Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Jun 8th, '07, 03:00

Postby Craig Browning » Jan 5th, '09, 14:42

Ray... just a strong suggestion.

When you come to a forum make your first post an introduction, otherwise people might view a post like this one as SPAM and that your only reason for being here it to hawk something that you have ties to in some way... not that I'm accusing you of such underhanded "marketing" tactics, but certain low life individuals within magic are known for doing such... one post wonders.

It's always best to introduce yourself and then prove yourself as part of the community by actually contributing without promoting "your stuff" and then, when the discussion is appropriate or you have permission to post something in the For Sale section or even a proper review... people may listen to you a bit better and consider your point of view in a more positive light. Not just here but any forum you may stumble on to. :wink:

User avatar
Craig Browning
Elite Member
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Nov 5th, '05, 14:53
Location: Northampton, MA * USA

Postby daleshrimpton » Jan 5th, '09, 15:04

Ive not seen one yet, and wont be able to see one for a couple of weeks, on account of me using up all my home internet for this month.
:roll:

but, reading the description....

The 21st Century Topit!
The beauty of this device is that it gives you the ability to vanish or produce items!
Silent Butler combines two techniques: lapping and topiting. If you think of the principle of the Topit, imagine how much easier it would be if the Topit is right in front of you. The Silent Butler also gives you the ability to use lapping techniques while standing.
Using the Silent Butler is as easy as pie!
No sewing required and the set up takes just minutes. One size fits all and there is no jacket required (can even be done in shorts and a t-shirt).


I am reminded of the old murray vest servante that used to be sold through Norm Nielsen.

Id put money on it being almost the same.

and the unfortunate thing is, you cant really use it if your portly, because your gut gets in the way.

User avatar
daleshrimpton
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 7186
Joined: Apr 28th, '03, 08:49
Location: Burnham, Slough Berkshire

Postby Mandrake » Jan 5th, '09, 15:39

daleshrimpton wrote:you cant really use it if your portly, because your gut gets in the way.


Mandrake quietly and sorrowfully crosses this one off his wish list and chews on another Ryvita..... :cry:

User avatar
Mandrake
'
 
Posts: 27191
Joined: Apr 20th, '03, 21:00
Location: UK (71:AH)

Postby Tomo » Jan 5th, '09, 15:49

Hi Ray! Good to see you here.

Ray's a respected member of The Mentalist's Sanctum, where there's an interesting thread about the Silent Butler's capabilities.

Image
User avatar
Tomo
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 9866
Joined: May 4th, '05, 23:46
Location: Darkest Cheshire (forty-bloody-six going on six)

Postby daleshrimpton » Jan 5th, '09, 16:02

i suspect our craig was aware of this, which is why he was quite nice in his reply :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
daleshrimpton
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 7186
Joined: Apr 28th, '03, 08:49
Location: Burnham, Slough Berkshire

Postby Craig Browning » Jan 5th, '09, 17:17

daleshrimpton wrote:i suspect our craig was aware of this, which is why he was quite nice in his reply :lol: :lol: :lol:


Nope... but then I deliberately left the Sanctum in that there were too many magicians there. :lol:

User avatar
Craig Browning
Elite Member
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Nov 5th, '05, 14:53
Location: Northampton, MA * USA

Postby daleshrimpton » Jan 5th, '09, 17:31

and your still here? have the drugs kicked in :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
daleshrimpton
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 7186
Joined: Apr 28th, '03, 08:49
Location: Burnham, Slough Berkshire

Postby Ray Noble » Jan 5th, '09, 18:56

Hello everyone. From what I am reading I guess I should tell you who I am. I am just another magician who happen upon this URL. I was checking out Outlaw Effects and noticed this site listed. SOOOOOOOOOO I clicked on it.

I am not a one post guy anymore, because this is my 2nd post! I am moving up in the world. LOL

I came here to check this place out. I have been over at that green place for so long, I am beginning to get a green tint to my skin. LOL
Heck, I am still looking around here and reading some of the threads to get a feel of this place.

I am really not one to introduce myself. Think of walking down a busy street and your eyes meet another. A simple nod of the head is all you do, and you keep moving on. That is what I did here (in a way) LOL

I plan to be here a while and feel my way around. I will more then likely hang in the mentalism section more then any other. I still do magic but am more interested in mentalism.

Anyway, I will close my 2nd post so that I may start my 3rd. LOL


best
ray noble

Last edited by Ray Noble on Jan 5th, '09, 22:12, edited 2 times in total.
Ray Noble
Full Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Jun 8th, '07, 03:00

Postby DrTodd » Jan 5th, '09, 19:20

Welcome Ray...I have seen other threads around on the Silent Butler...might be just what I was looking for to polish off a routine I have been perfecting for some time now.

Cheers

Dr Todd

User avatar
DrTodd
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Feb 5th, '06, 08:44
Location: East Bergholt

Postby Ray Noble » Jan 5th, '09, 22:17

DrTodd wrote:Welcome Ray...I have seen other threads around on the Silent Butler...might be just what I was looking for to polish off a routine I have been perfecting for some time now.

Cheers

Dr Todd


Thanks for the welcome!

Ray Noble
Full Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Jun 8th, '07, 03:00

Postby DrTodd » Jan 5th, '09, 23:14

You are welcome for the welcome...there are some great nuggets here, stick around and have some fun.

User avatar
DrTodd
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Feb 5th, '06, 08:44
Location: East Bergholt

Postby Farlsborough » Jan 6th, '09, 02:12

Hmmm... surely just another belly servante? Can see how it would be useful but unfortunately, totally impractical for me because a) my belly is too big and b) I never tuck my shirt in... because my belly's too big :lol:

Farlsborough
 

Postby Ray Noble » Jan 6th, '09, 04:10

Farlsborough wrote:Hmmm... surely just another belly servante? Can see how it would be useful but unfortunately, totally impractical for me because a) my belly is too big and b) I never tuck my shirt in... because my belly's too big :lol:



I have been skinny all my life and just now starting to get a little gut! LOL

Yes, the body servant has been around for ever! I knew about them but never tried one until lately. I bought it just to improve my key bend which it did.


Remember back in the day, when we had cuffs on our pants/trousers? I have used the cuff as a servant, by dropping a coin or key down my leg and into my cuff. The items always found its mark! LOL



ray

Ray Noble
Full Member
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Jun 8th, '07, 03:00

Postby Craig Browning » Jan 6th, '09, 04:38

Farlsborough wrote:Hmmm... surely just another belly servante? Can see how it would be useful but unfortunately, totally impractical for me because a) my belly is too big and b) I never tuck my shirt in... because my belly's too big :lol:


:lol: Years ago I obtained a well known Seance effect that involved the ringing of an old styled telephone... the device used was supposed to clip onto your belt and to make the ringing sound you simply pushed out you stomach and the switch would make the bell ring... having a classic Irishman's build (or Buddha, if you prefer) I couldn't help but have the damn bell ring constantly :oops:

Needless to say, I had to come up with a new method :?

Ray... Welcome. Understand that I'm like the classic Pit Bull. I growl, snarl and everything else to keep strangers at bey, but it you call my bluff I will roll over and act quite silly.


Dale... my comment about the Sanctum having too many magicians centered on the fact that it's supposed to be a site for Mentalist and here it seems little more than an extension to the Cafe. After two weeks of it I got fed up and left... especially when one particular child was boasting about doing Mentalism at Disneyland... his entire act being nothing but card tricks... sorry, even Dunninger would roll over in his grave when it comes to such a delusion filled mind.

No, I prefer being around the real world working Mentalists, Bizarrist and Psychic Entertainers when I go to a Specialty Forum. I want to interact with my peers, not hear about the latest neat gadget to come out from E or some kid bragging about his pass.

I come to TM because it's become my "home" I have three forums I frequent daily and TM is my first stop each day and the one I tend to give the majority of my time to. I've made some great friendships here and I'm likewise grateful of the fact that TM is unlike ANY magic forum out there and I'm quite proud to be a part of it because of that.

BTW... I don't hate magicians I just hate people that call themselves "Mentalists" when they've not yet learned the difference. :twisted:

Let's face facts, I did major illusions from my earliest of teen years and well into my early 30s. It's in my blood and I still love those big boxes and all that can be done with them. Such is of my past however, other than the designing and development part. I still dabble in all of that and it looks like I'll be doing a bit more than dabbling in the near future. :roll:

User avatar
Craig Browning
Elite Member
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Nov 5th, '05, 14:53
Location: Northampton, MA * USA


Return to Reviews - Tricks 'n Props

World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Best prices around! Web Design for Magicians Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Playing Cards for Magicians Best prices around! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests