Haunted by Peter Eggink

Review area devoted to tricks and effects where props are involved.

Moderators: Lady of Mystery, nickj, Mandrake, bananafish, support, Rob

Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Dude That's Cool Magic Web Design for Magicians ink cartridges UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes.

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby mindpaul » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:41 pm



Not sure what im doing, but mine cuts as soon as I let it go on the deck almost all the time. I have had it delay once and that was like for 4 secs. I dont see how it would last 5 to 10 secs. Am I doing something wrong or are others having the same issue?

mindpaul
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Location: Glasgow (38 cp)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:11 pm

mindpaul wrote:Not sure what im doing, but mine cuts as soon as I let it go on the deck almost all the time. I have had it delay once and that was like for 4 secs. I dont see how it would last 5 to 10 secs. Am I doing something wrong or are others having the same issue?


Use more orange stuff, and experiment with the amount as necessary.

Also bear in mind that the amount of pressure you use, during performance, will directly affect the delay before the hauning begins!

User avatar
Rob
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Hull, United Kingdom (42 - SH)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby artychris » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 am

I really like the sound of this!

I've been doing it with l***s so I can use the deck before and after the "haunting" Does the same apply to this? Can I use the deck before and after? Is there going to be issues ditching the gimmik? I have no idea exactly how this version works... (and not looking for a reveal, just the practicalities for using it in the middle of a routine, or even on a borrowed deck!)

User avatar
artychris
Senior Member
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby moonbeam » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 pm

artychris wrote:I really like the sound of this!

I've been doing it with l***s so I can use the deck before and after the "haunting" Does the same apply to this? Can I use the deck before and after? Is there going to be issues ditching the gimmik? I have no idea exactly how this version works... (and not looking for a reveal, just the practicalities for using it in the middle of a routine, or even on a borrowed deck!)


.... without giving too much away - there is a gimmick involved. The DVD gives a full explanation of how to load and ditch the gimmick, using a full, normal deck of cards. The ditch and load are fairly easy to do and require very little sleight of hand. Once the gimmick is ditched, you're squeaky clean. I personally don't bother ditching the gimmick. I'll either leave it there, ready to go again - or I'll just secretly ditch it, before I perform another trick.

QUESTION:
If we can sue McDonalds for making us fat and cigarette companies for giving us cancer; why can't we sue Smirnoff for all the ugly gits we've sh*gged ??
User avatar
moonbeam
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:59 am
Location: Burnley (52:AH)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby artychris » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:04 am

Thanks for that! It appears that cups will be striking :)

User avatar
artychris
Senior Member
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby molesworth » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 pm

daleshrimpton wrote:you have to buy stuff... it works 75% of the time... things break.....
way to sell it guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never had these issues with the original version. :lol:


I agree! What's wrong with the original?

User avatar
molesworth
Full Member
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby Its magic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:21 pm

molesworth wrote:
daleshrimpton wrote:you have to buy stuff... it works 75% of the time... things break.....
way to sell it guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never had these issues with the original version. :lol:


I agree! What's wrong with the original?


Nothing if you like it and it does what you require!

User avatar
Its magic
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:14 am
Location: Midlands (44: WP)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby molesworth » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Its magic wrote:
molesworth wrote:
daleshrimpton wrote:you have to buy stuff... it works 75% of the time... things break.....
way to sell it guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never had these issues with the original version. :lol:


I agree! What's wrong with the original?


Nothing if you like it and it does what you require!


I thought it did the same thing? But I can do it with a borrowed back of cards, and end clean.

Seems like having to add and remove a gimmick and use your own cards weakens the original somewhat.

Maybe I'm missing the point?

User avatar
molesworth
Full Member
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby daleshrimpton » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:49 pm

you know, i dont think you are missing the point.

Ive often thought about the haunted deck, and i think ive come to the conclusion that usualy the emphasis is put on the deck, that apparently rejects cards .
whereas, the correct thing to put the heat on, are the chosen cards.Those are the things that the audience has invested time, and an emotional connection in.
So, theoreticaly you can have the cards signed, then use any of the existing methods .


Think for a moment about all the fantastical rising cards there have been over the years, glass houlettes, mounted in shining brass frames, devils heads, and all other manors of strange and exotic devices.... In these, the mystery isnt in how the cards moved, but how their chosen card revealed it's self.

you're like Yoda.you dont say much, but what you do say is worth listening to....
Greg Wilson about.... Me.
User avatar
daleshrimpton
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 7186
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:49 am
Location: Burnham, Slough Berkshire

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby moonbeam » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:33 pm

molesworth wrote:I thought it did the same thing? But I can do it with a borrowed back of cards, and end clean.

Seems like having to add and remove a gimmick and use your own cards weakens the original somewhat.

Maybe I'm missing the point?


You can do it with a borrowed deck (if things match - if u catch my drift).

Could you also perform your way, whilst placing a clear bowl over the deck, whilst it cuts itself ??
I'm not saying one method is better than the other - they're just slightly different from each other.

QUESTION:
If we can sue McDonalds for making us fat and cigarette companies for giving us cancer; why can't we sue Smirnoff for all the ugly gits we've sh*gged ??
User avatar
moonbeam
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:59 am
Location: Burnley (52:AH)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby MiKo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Does anybody know where this can be purchased? The site posted in the original review seems to be no longer active...

User avatar
MiKo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 am
Location: Liège, Belgium (34:AH)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 pm

MiKo wrote:Does anybody know where this can be purchased? The site posted in the original review seems to be no longer active...


Nothing wrong with their site, Miko - clicky here, for a direct link to the product: http://www.worldmagicstore.com/haunted- ... 4n240ml5o3

:D

User avatar
Rob
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Hull, United Kingdom (42 - SH)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby MiKo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm

magicrob wrote:
MiKo wrote:Does anybody know where this can be purchased? The site posted in the original review seems to be no longer active...


Nothing wrong with their site, Miko - clicky here, for a direct link to the product: http://www.worldmagicstore.com/haunted- ... 4n240ml5o3" target="_blank

:D


You're right: for some reason I skipped the "world"... Thanks.

User avatar
MiKo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 am
Location: Liège, Belgium (34:AH)

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby tiggerkev » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:25 am

Just discovered some of the orange stuff in a box of goodies I had forgot about. I got it in the US when I lived there :D

My missus was about to shop around for it for me when she goes to Vegas in April !!!!!!

tiggerkev
New User
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:25 am
Location: Wolverhampton, UK ( 52, AH )

Re: Haunted by Peter Eggink

Postby lukew1000 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:44 pm

hello i was wanting to know if i should get haunted by peter eggink. i have static but do not know if haunted is better

lukew1000
New User
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews - Tricks 'n Props

Playing Cards for Magicians Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Aeternum Servare Secreta Best prices around!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest