My laughable challenge to you all!!!

A meeting area where members can relax, chill out and talk about anything non magical.


Moderators: Mandrake, bananafish, Lady of Mystery, support, nickj

A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Best prices around! Web Design for Magicians

My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby kevmundo » Nov 12th, '12, 21:33



Dear TM users,

My website is nearly built, my stage show is set in stone, my business cards are being printed and all is progressing nicely. However, I'm missing those all important videos of me doing wonderful things. I shot the below videos in my house today - hence the terrible quality. Anyway, being no stranger to ceasless critisism I thought I'd post them on youtube so I can be publicly berated. The first video may or may not contain a card sleight. IF and I mean IF, you can tell me whether it does contain a card sleight and tell me EXACLTLY when it happens, at the next magic meet in London (which I promise to attend), I will buy you the swanky drink of your choosing.

The second video is just the sort of bizarre thing that will be littered across my site. I need some professional vids of me out with the public. If anyone wants to get together (believe me, I WILL get a crowd) then please let me know.

Anyway, give me your thoughts, just for fun - don't be too mean - I'm unstable!!

K :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCcR8ot ... e=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuABxKYW ... e=youtu.be

kevmundo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Aug 16th, '12, 20:04
Location: Huntingdon & London

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby mr invisible » Nov 12th, '12, 22:17

:lol: :lol: Not sure what to say Kev??? Was different though.. Just loved the Jimmy Hendrix//English toff guitar playing scenario routine.. :lol: Good luck with the website venture.
Garry.

MEMBER OF THE SHEFFIELD CIRCLE OF MAGICIANS.
Is magic really real ??
User avatar
mr invisible
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Feb 21st, '12, 15:05
Location: Belper, Derbyshire. [ 47-SH]

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby kevmundo » Nov 12th, '12, 22:30

mr invisible wrote::lol: :lol: Not sure what to say Kev??? Was different though.. Just loved the Jimmy Hendrix//English toff guitar playing scenario routine.. :lol: Good luck with the website venture.
Garry.


:D Glad you liked it. My website will be up and running soon and I hope to fill it with all sorts of eclectic stuff. It might not get me tonnes of gigs but it'll make me happy which is the main thing. I'll let you know when it's finished. Oh, and do let me know if you see that sleight???????

K :D

kevmundo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Aug 16th, '12, 20:04
Location: Huntingdon & London

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby mr invisible » Nov 13th, '12, 07:39

Too be honest Kev, never saw the sleight. But not really a card man myself.. 8)

MEMBER OF THE SHEFFIELD CIRCLE OF MAGICIANS.
Is magic really real ??
User avatar
mr invisible
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Feb 21st, '12, 15:05
Location: Belper, Derbyshire. [ 47-SH]

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby kevmundo » Nov 13th, '12, 07:45

mr invisible wrote:Too be honest Kev, never saw the sleight. But not really a card man myself.. 8)


Thank god for that. If there's one thing worse than trying to hide a card sleight, it's trying to hide a card sleight from a magician!!

K ;)

kevmundo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Aug 16th, '12, 20:04
Location: Huntingdon & London

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby Aza » Nov 13th, '12, 09:21

kevmundo wrote:Dear TM users,

My website is nearly built, my stage show is set in stone, my business cards are being printed and all is progressing nicely. However, I'm missing those all important videos of me doing wonderful things. I shot the below videos in my house today - hence the terrible quality. Anyway, being no stranger to ceasless critisism I thought I'd post them on youtube so I can be publicly berated. The first video may or may not contain a card sleight. IF and I mean IF, you can tell me whether it does contain a card sleight and tell me EXACLTLY when it happens, at the next magic meet in London (which I promise to attend), I will buy you the swanky drink of your choosing.

The second video is just the sort of bizarre thing that will be littered across my site. I need some professional vids of me out with the public. If anyone wants to get together (believe me, I WILL get a crowd) then please let me know.

Anyway, give me your thoughts, just for fun - don't be too mean - I'm unstable!!

K :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCcR8ot ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuABxKYW ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank


Kev,

I love them mate.....your magician persona is awesome, I'm very impressed!! Now as for the card sleight i shall be phoning you instead of posting it here as I'm sure you promised me the first round is on you :lol:

I think the quality of the videos are ok if I'm honest, and i love the whole thing!

But more importantly i am honoured to call a top notch magician as yourself friend!

Much love

Aza

User avatar
Aza
Senior Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Jun 15th, '12, 16:58
Location: Essex (29:WP)

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby kevmundo » Nov 13th, '12, 10:29

Aw Aza you're too kind!! :) I know the video quality is total rubbish - I actually filmed them on a camera yesterday when I was bored. My website will be up and running soon - I promise it'll better quality than than the vids!!!

K :)

kevmundo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Aug 16th, '12, 20:04
Location: Huntingdon & London

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby aquarog » Nov 13th, '12, 12:09

Nice videos Kev! Are you a fan of Rory Gallagher? Your guitar playing reminded me of his sort of style. Don't think I spotted the sleight either in the first video :)

User avatar
aquarog
Full Member
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sep 13th, '11, 19:49
Location: Cornwall,20:EN

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby MiKo » Nov 13th, '12, 12:45

very nice. Of course I could not get the sleight (as I'm too much of a beginner) but I noticed that at least once in the first video you referred to yourself in the first person... :)

User avatar
MiKo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Oct 20th, '11, 07:18
Location: Liège, Belgium (34:AH)

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby kevmundo » Nov 13th, '12, 12:50

aquarog wrote:Nice videos Kev! Are you a fan of Rory Gallagher? Your guitar playing reminded me of his sort of style. Don't think I spotted the sleight either in the first video :)


I love Rory, but unfortunately, when I sing, it doesn't really come close!!! :D

kevmundo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Aug 16th, '12, 20:04
Location: Huntingdon & London

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby kevmundo » Nov 13th, '12, 12:51

MiKo wrote:very nice. Of course I could not get the sleight (as I'm too much of a beginner) but I noticed that at least once in the first video you referred to yourself in the first person... :)



Darn it!!! I was hoping no-one would notice!!!! What is Monty Kray to do????? :D

kevmundo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Aug 16th, '12, 20:04
Location: Huntingdon & London

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby moonbeam » Nov 13th, '12, 18:38

Nice :)
I'll have to admit I didn't spot the sleight, but I'm hopefully correct in saying it wasn't the p**s, 'cos the bottom card remains unchanged. Now, if you did do the p**s and replaced the bottom card after, so it remained unchanged ...... I'd be impressed (even more impressed than I am already :wink: ).

QUESTION:
If we can sue McDonalds for making us fat and cigarette companies for giving us cancer; why can't we sue Smirnoff for all the ugly gits we've sh*gged ??
User avatar
moonbeam
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Oct 22nd, '05, 08:59
Location: Burnley (52:AH)

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby Jordan C » Nov 13th, '12, 19:02

no sleight just a dupe right at the start :)

User avatar
Jordan C
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Oct 22nd, '03, 10:00
Location: Cambridgeshire, (38:AH/SH)

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby kevmundo » Nov 13th, '12, 22:26

moonbeam wrote:Nice :)
I'll have to admit I didn't spot the sleight, but I'm hopefully correct in saying it wasn't the p**s, 'cos the bottom card remains unchanged. Now, if you did do the p**s and replaced the bottom card after, so it remained unchanged ...... I'd be impressed (even more impressed than I am already :wink: ).


You're quite right it wasn't a pxxs and unfortunately, I didn't replace the bottom card - not even I'm that good!! - Wish I was :lol:

I know Jordan C thinks it may have been a dupe from the start. I can say with hand on heart that's not the case. I specifically placed some red cards (hearts I think) on the top of the deck to draw the distinction between those and the Jack of Spades (I know how your crafty magi minds work). I like to think it's a move that I invented but knowing card magic I'm pretty sure that's nigh on impossible. I actually showed the sleight to Mr Grumpy over a few beers last week. For some reason I showed him the exposed view first. I seem to remember (I'd had a few ciders) he was unimpressed and said something along the lines of, 'why would you use that sleight, everyone will see it.' I then showed him the specs view and he appeared impressed - at least having had 5 pints of Aspall, I was convinced he looked impressed! He may have been bored witless!!?? I don't really do that many sleights but I like this as an invisible card control. You could work it in as an extra layer to an ambitious card routine???

If anyone is at the next London meet as and when one is arranged, I'll show you the sleight - for a pint of Aspall!

K :D

kevmundo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Aug 16th, '12, 20:04
Location: Huntingdon & London

Re: My laughable challenge to you all!!!

Postby Jordan C » Nov 14th, '12, 08:54

I note your location says Huntingdon & London. Myself and 4thCircle are just the other side of Cambridge, halfway to Haverhill. If you ever fancy meeting up with us over this way, you're most welcome!

User avatar
Jordan C
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1829
Joined: Oct 22nd, '03, 10:00
Location: Cambridgeshire, (38:AH/SH)

Next

Return to The Dove's Head

Dude That's Cool Magic Aeternum Servare Secreta Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Best prices around! UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Playing Cards for Magicians

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests