Stir Fry by John Kennedy

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Dude That's Cool Magic World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Best prices around! Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around!

Postby TheOldForum » Apr 12th, '02, 05:10

I was wondering what everone else thought about this trick. The effect is you can borrow a cup and a coin. You then remove a wooden wand and stir it around in the cup. The coin then penetrates the cup. It can penetrate into your hand or the spectators hand. You can do it anytime if you have a cup and a coin. All you need to make this trick work is the wand. That's the only thing you need to make this miracle happen. I just wanted to know what everyone else's opinion is because I was thinking about purchasing this trick. All advice appreciated. Thanks.
kevin

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 1st, '02, 08:11

My advice is, don't buy anything from just the description. See a demonstration of it first. If it LOOKS like magic then, spend your money with piece of mind. I have ordered tons of stuff from catalogs based on descriptions and when I got them, they were junk. If there is a "goofy move" or anything that keeps it from LOOKING like magic, believe me, you'll never find out from the description. I've seen the add for this in MAGIC magazine and it SOUNDS awesome! But... so did all the junk I wasted my money on. See a demo.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 2nd, '02, 03:20

You can see a demo of the trick at

http://www.jbtv.co.uk/stirfry_hires.html

TheOldForum

Stir Fry

Postby bwalder » Apr 22nd, '03, 11:06

My advice - buy it!

I have had a lot of fun with this device. It is EXTREMELY easy to use, even for a complete beginner, and the effect is pretty baffling to the layman.

Plus, you get quite a cool-looking magic wand to use in your other tricks too!

bwalder

Stir Fry

Postby bwalder » Apr 22nd, '03, 11:13

My advice - buy it!

I have had a lot of fun with this device. It is EXTREMELY easy to use, even for a complete beginner, and the effect is pretty baffling to the layman.

Plus, you get quite a cool-looking magic wand to use in your other tricks too!

bwalder

Postby magicdiscoman » Apr 22nd, '03, 19:09

:?: i bought a wand called a penny wand which i asume uses the same principle ie you borrow a ring drop it in a borrowed cup stir with the wand and hey presto the ring is gone.
it appears in a seald bag in a bag, in a bag, or mabey in that marvelouse brass thingamy i have just read about on this site :?:
mine is made of metal not wood but its a good effect.
the blurb suggests that you can push it through a paper note or coat, move it around and pull it off the end.
hey presto no tear, i wouldn't recomend this part its to dodgy.

magicdiscoman

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Aeternum Servare Secreta Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Playing Cards for Magicians Web Design for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks