Jaw Droppers

Review area devoted to Magic Downloads, DVDs, Videos and similar non printed formats.

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Dude That's Cool Magic Best prices around!

Postby TheOldForum » Apr 22nd, '02, 22:46

These tapes helped me a lot when I was first starting out.

They have many tricks and are great if you are a beginner wanting to get in to the show.

You get the 4 tapes with 7 hours of magic and instruction, and a additional Svengali deck which is a benefit.

Rated about 7/8 trick wise.

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 2nd, '02, 15:05

Brian Hall started this thread on 19th June last year and I added my comments. We should try to keep to one thread per subject!
Bill

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 21st, '02, 22:40

The Jawdroppers tapes are incredible. You get tons of tricks that can be dpme with an ordinary deck of cards, every day household objects, and even a special Svengali deck. You will learn great tricks to amaze your friends and family with these tapes. The only thing that I don't like is when Larry Anderson (host) performs the tricks at his little "dinner party." The acting is so corny and when the audience sees the trick, their "oos" and "ahs" are terrible. But, Larry Anderson explains the tricks in great detail. These videos are great for someone who wants to start learning about magic or someone who just wants to know some more tricks. I give these tapes a 9/10.

TheOldForum

Postby Lash » Jul 9th, '06, 02:51

I agree. These tapes are excellent-- especially for someone just starting out. Most of the tricks are not that difficult but they do pack a powerful punch. Larry Anderson does a great job of explaining everything too. The Svengali deck is a good bonus. And the price is very reasonable, especially for the quality you are getting. For my money, this is definately a must have.

Lash

Postby Viraen » Jul 9th, '06, 02:51

im interested in these, any way to get em

Viraen

Postby LambertClan2006 » Mar 12th, '08, 16:11

They can still be ordered at www.jawdroppers.com along with some other stuff from Larry Anderson. I ordered these when they first came out and they were great if you are just starting. Also, now you can order the set or individual volumes. Also there is a 5th volume now. I never even got to use my Svengali deck. The kid got a hold of it before I had a chance.

LambertClan2006
Preferred Member

Postby Whalemeister » Mar 14th, '08, 13:50

Wow, way to go in reviving an old post!

As a side note I'm prett sure I saw a very young Brad Christian (without the makeup) in one of Larry Anderson's jaw droppers videos, he acts as a stooge in the one where they make a glass of water vanish.

Whalemeister
Preferred Member

Postby TerryC » Feb 20th, '09, 08:14

If anyone is still interested in this set--which is now on DVD--you can buy it at the Jawdroppers website "for the super low price of only $59.90". However, right now (Feb 2009) you can get it for only $19.95 at the Magic Warehouse http://themagicwarehouse.com/sale1.html

There is a small catch! As far as I can see, the set at Magic Warehouse does not include the bonus DVD, the Svengali deck or the folding coin. (The folding coin is a US quarter so Brits and Canadians wouldn't have much use for it any way, and you can pick up a Svengali deck anywhere if you need one.)

To get this special deal, and to ensure I get my commision, you must say "Terry sent me!" -- Admins note: I'm JOKING!

Seriously, this is an excellent set of DVDs for the target audience. At $5 a DVD that makes it cheaper than old Elvis DVDs at Walmart!

TerryC
Preferred Member

Return to Reviews - Electronic media format

UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Playing Cards for Magicians Aeternum Servare Secreta Web Design for Magicians Best prices around! World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide