twilight angels

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Best prices around!

twilight angels

Postby the_mog » Apr 24th, '03, 11:37

twilight angels

£12 or so from various net suppliers

what it says on the tin....
"Twilight angels by Paul Harris
Effect: you bring out a small angel catcher, which looks like a small mirror. Then you display the angels printed on the back of a normal bicycle playing card. Since angels are made of pure light and the mirror reflects pure light, you can actually combine them to alter space and time!

You then place the mirror on the card so the reflection of both angels is clearly seen. As you slowly slide the mirror across the card, a strange "angel zone" opens up next to the reflected angel. Suddenly, the reflected angle is gone! It's not in the mirror or on the card. One of the printed angels has completely vanished!

You re-position the "angel catcher" to display the reflection of the single remaining angel, then slowly slide the mirror to create a second reflected angel. This optical angel visibly slides off the mirror and onto the card and transforms into a second printed angel!

You now have two permanent angels on one end of the card and a blank space at the other hand! The card, mirror and deck can all be examined!"

what i thought.....
at first i was kinda dubious about this... i bought it second hand just out of curiosity to be honest, but after trying it out on a few people my views changed, there are 3 different methods/patter to the trick and they each work very well.There are a few handling points to consider.. nothing serious or hard, just be careful!! oh and you can reset it almost instantly but dont show the same people!

conclusion a very well thought out trick proving that it doesnt have to be rocket science for it to be effective

rating
props 9/10 (printed on bicycle)
ease of performance 9/10 (was doing it after 20 mins!)
total 9/10

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.. :mrgreen:
the_mog

Postby midge25 » Apr 28th, '03, 09:08

does this use a lot of sleight of hand or misdirection?

midge25

Postby jabba01 » Apr 28th, '03, 11:57

I have never heard of this one, but will look into it and come back with a view also.

jabba01
Preferred Member

Location: Lost in a maze of magic, Wife still looking!!! (39/AH)

Postby the_mog » Apr 28th, '03, 13:40

there are virtually no sleights... only one easy to do... a very good effect

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.. :mrgreen:
the_mog

Postby midge25 » Apr 29th, '03, 09:13

is there a video demo i can see anywhere?

midge25

Postby Photofnish » Jan 2nd, '04, 03:19

I recently purchased this trick and really like it. It's just a lovely little piece of offbeat magic.

Photofnish

Postby lewis » Jan 3rd, '04, 19:07

Just to say I am selling/swapping one of these brand new, sealed. (I managed to pick up 2)

See the trading section.

Thanks,
Lewis.

lewis

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! Playing Cards for Magicians Aeternum Servare Secreta Web Design for Magicians Dude That's Cool Magic