Funken Ring

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Best prices around! Web Design for Magicians Playing Cards for Magicians Dude That's Cool Magic Best prices around! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks

Funken Ring

Postby alz » Jun 5th, '03, 09:33

The Funken Ring

Price: £9.50 from www.taurusmagic.net

Difficulty: 1/5
(1=great for begicians, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used,
4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

Description:
A small easil concealed device which allows you to shoot a spray of sparks from your hand.

possible ticks/gags....
"Fireater with a bad cough". "Microphone Gag". etc (the possibilities are endless as this effect can be applied to most tricks)
Review :
My Funken Ring arrived this morning. I'd been searchiing for a supplier in the UK a Taurus Magic was the only place I could find. Some sites claim the Finger Flasher to be one but theresa big difference; finger flasher requires flash cotten , spark additive, etc. The spark produced by the Funken Ring is created by a flint. THe device is wound up with a key like a clockwork toy (be careful not to wind too much as it may get stuck...but to unstick it you just wiggle the key and press the button- this hasnt happened to me yet.) The flint is said to last for about 100 ignitions. However, you may want to replace the flint earlier to get the biggest spark possible. The device was slightly easier than I expected, but its is still easily concealable. And creates a great spark (see photo of me doing the "Fireaters Cough")
Overall
I recommend this gag to everyone who does not already own one and who wants to add a kick to routines or just use it for plain fun! This definetly won't be going to the back of my magic drawer.......in fact i doubt it will spend any time in the drawer all together!!!!

Rating: Effect/item: 10/10, Quality of goods: 7/10, Value for money: 10/10

alz

Postby the_mog » Jun 5th, '03, 09:35

must admit this looks like it could be a good laugh down the pub (i was thrown out of a few pubs for making "beer tin flamethrowers" a few years ago and this looks like it would probably have the same effect on the barstaff heh heh heh :mrgreen:

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.. :mrgreen:
the_mog

Postby alz » Jun 5th, '03, 09:57

I've just bought some spare flints for it for the future....I got 9 for 49p!! :P

alz

Postby seige » Jun 5th, '03, 11:17

Nice one.

You mention finger flashers... they're much more dramatic than the Funkenring, but like you say, they need loading with flash cotton/powders to get a really good effect - which makes them a one-hit trick.

Glad to see it's working for you!

Flint replacement looks cheap, to, although I suspect your bill for Covonia will rise dramatically with a cough like that!!!

Glad to see you finally got what you were looking for.

seige

Postby alz » Jun 5th, '03, 14:34

i tighted the screw holding in the flint and ....erm.............
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:!: smoke even comes out now!!!! :!:

alz

Postby seige » Jun 5th, '03, 14:42

Crikey - go easy!

You'll have constructed a Light-sabre by your next post, and probably burned the house down!!!

Questions:

1: Are they 'cold' sparks???

2: How much nosie is generated???

3: How come you look so scared!!! :twisted: :twisted:

seige

Postby the_mog » Jun 5th, '03, 16:17

mmmmmmm young jedi..... concentrate you must, things they are to be fooled about with light sabres are not.

i REALLY have to get one of these... hehe

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.. :mrgreen:
the_mog

Postby alz » Jun 5th, '03, 16:26

yes they are cold sparks......like the ones that come out of a lighter.concentrated they may be hott.

it makes a noise which just adds to the effect of a spark

i love this gimmick..i havnt stopped playin with it all day!!!!

alz

Postby seige » Jun 5th, '03, 16:43

NEEE NAAAH NEEE NAAAH...

Fire engine arrives at Alz's house, neighbours have been reporting bizarre pyromaniacal activity all day. Police investigation pending.

MORE PHOTOS!!!!

seige

Postby magicdiscoman » Jun 5th, '03, 17:52

:lol: okey dokey :lol:

so i cant use it to ignight my fir to cane then :?:

might make a good anti hecker device if you include a petrol can :!: :?:

i think i'll add this one to my shopping list, I'm sur lawrence will or is stocking this item.

was considering useing a finger flasher to light my cane, but can see other posibilities for funken ring.

like the pics :P

magicdiscoman

Postby alz » Jun 9th, '03, 19:23

ahhhhhhhhhh i broke the bloody thing...i only had it 2 days :cry:

..and as you can see i'd grown quite attached.

I opened it up and the cogs inside have just stripped each other. This may be the result of me overwinding it or tightening the screw up too much, i am not sure.

:roll: However....they're that good, that im really considering getting another one straight away and just taken that extra bit of care with this one!! :wink:

alz

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Aeternum Servare Secreta A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects!