Photograhic Deck

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Best prices around! Web Design for Magicians World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide

Postby TheOldForum » May 18th, '01, 17:51

Name : Photographic Deck
Type : Card
Reset : instant
Time to learn : twenty minutes
Examinable : No
Difficulty : 2
What you get : Pack of gimmicked bicycle cards.

Effect : The magician shows a deck of blank playing cards, fans through them, turns them over, shuffles them, riffles them - they're definitely blank. The magician then names a card and cuts the deck, revealing that the card has mentally been printed onto one of the blank cards. Completing the cut the magician concentrates on mentally printing an entire deck, and upon riffling through the deck shows that it is a standard and complete pack, both fronts and backs. The magician can then make the cards turn blank again if required.

Comment : I love this trick because it really baffles people more than standard card tricks, and mostly because it requires no patter - I can happily sit on a train playing with my cards and utterly fox complete strangers in the carriage without saying a word! It's a great way to get someone to ask to see more, and if you've pocketted the pack already you can just bring out a real deck and continue with other tricks, and they can examine that as much as they like!

Rating 9/10

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 18th, '01, 18:29

Good review Paul.
PS
Where did you get it from ?

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 18th, '01, 22:52

I got it from a magic shop under The Strand in London. Can't remember the name of the place as I've only been there once before. I also go to International Magic in EC1, but I *think* similar tricks can be bought online for less.

This trick and the ID are my favourites (although I don't do the ID routine - I'll post more about that in that thread). However it does mean you end up carrying LOADS of decks around with you just so that you can switch and still have one that can be examined!

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 19th, '01, 00:34

If you mean opposite Charring Cross Station Its called Davenports. they do mail order on 0171-836-0408

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 19th, '01, 01:38

Yeah that's the one.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » May 26th, '01, 13:04

I use the deck quite alot. When I first got them I could fan them easily and they would still only show blank. They wear after awhile and will need some s**** although you can still baffle people without having to fan them. I normally start with a svengali deck, turn them all into the same card then switch decks and turn them all blank. Finishing off of course with a normal or stripper deck which can be examined. Folks are truly baffled!

TheOldForum

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Aeternum Servare Secreta Dude That's Cool Magic Playing Cards for Magicians Best prices around! Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus!