Rainbow Chips

Review area devoted to tricks and effects where props are involved.

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Playing Cards for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Best prices around! Aeternum Servare Secreta Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects!

Rainbow Chips

Postby panther1004 » Nov 22nd, '03, 13:08

Name: Rainbow Chips (Mystery of the Colour changing chips)

Price: £2.50

Difficulty: "1" (1 = Self Working - 5 = Pro Magicians ONLY!)

Reset: Includes reseting "tool", takes about 10 seconds in private
Easy to reset

Description: You show 2 black plastic chips with white rims and rub them brifly together. They change into coloured sides. Then you rub the other sides and they become coloured. Then you hand out the coloured chips for
examination. Worth getting.

Value for money: Great value, for a nice little trick.

Where to get it: http://www.itsmagicuk.co.uk

WOW Factor 7/10

Length of Performance Very quick, Im sure you make some patter to make it last!

Total: 7/10 (Loses marks on the fact that very close inspection could figure them out)

You shouldnt be disapointed for the price![/url]

panther1004
Preferred Member

msgic rules

Postby johnthemagician » May 14th, '07, 17:40

hey that place www.itsmagicuk.co.uk is held on the market if anyone wants to know where it is i always go there every week i have bought loads of tricks from there .. :P

johnthemagician
New User

Postby magicdiscoman » May 14th, '07, 18:00

Why not come and pay us a visit. We are at York Newgate Market every Saturday and Sunday throughout the year..

To find us, it couldn't be easier, once you get to York, wander into the City Centre and you'll find Parliment Square. York Newgate Market is just off Parliment Square, at the side of the well known street, The Shambles.
just for thoughs that didn't get johnthemagician's post.

i have a nice set of monkey discs that do the same job, you can also get a similar trick on padles and in brass.
its always a great close up effect for kids and can be done in there hand too.

magicdiscoman

Postby itsamagicthing » Apr 2nd, '08, 15:49

You can get the same effect from Alakazam but the chips are brass and not plastic. I noticed them the other day under the counter. If they are the same as mine which i brought from Davenports many years ago you have a little good effect on your hands. 7 out of 10. Would be higher but you cant reset to quickly.

itsamagicthing

Postby magicdiscoman » Apr 2nd, '08, 17:57

7 out of 10. Would be higher but you cant reset to quickly.

i have a certain something in my bum bag that alows me to do the reset wilst puting them away between tables, comes in handy for some other coin magic too. :wink: :wink:

ive had thease in brass, paddled, plsatic, wood and even in a very nice clear crystalike plastic there a great trick to pick up as a lot of other coin /chip magic uses this principle in varied ways.

magicdiscoman

Postby Replicant » Apr 3rd, '08, 10:51

itsamagicthing wrote:You can get the same effect from Alakazam but the chips are brass and not plastic. I noticed them the other day under the counter. If they are the same as mine which i brought from Davenports many years ago you have a little good effect on your hands. 7 out of 10. Would be higher but you cant reset to quickly.

I also have the Davenport's version and I love it; it's a great trick. You can reset quickly if you wear the Magic Reset Device. But you have to adjust your handling or things could go disastrously wrong, if you catch my drift. ;)

Replicant
Elite Member

colour changing chips

Postby Trickyfied » Apr 4th, '08, 00:42

This is n old classic, I would suggest that the more expensive brass ones are worth the money as I am allways confident to hand them out for inspection. Its quite nice to 'suggest' that you are influencing the spec to see black when really they were coloured all the time, that can lead onto many other effects to prove that you can control the mind of your spec.

Trickyfied
Preferred Member

Postby itsamagicthing » Apr 15th, '08, 01:24

I know what you mean replicant.

This one is Black, opps hold on its white, well ok its white, and this one is black, ohh it is black....Laugh, joke and put them away.... Confussed, i was... never again...

itsamagicthing

Postby swamy » Apr 15th, '08, 06:37

I have read about a prediction trick using many rainbow chips.

A paddle trick version of the Rainbow chips also available.

swamy

Return to Reviews - Tricks 'n Props

Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Web Design for Magicians UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Dude That's Cool Magic Best prices around! Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks