25 Amazing magic tricks with a TT (DVD)

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Playing Cards for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes.

25 Amazing magic tricks with a TT (DVD)

Postby fletch » Nov 26th, '03, 18:53

Quiet day at work so I'll slip another one in before I go....

The Effect
What it says on th box really. Lots of different routines with the TT presented by a guy called Dave Hudspath. Routines include:
vanishing and then reproducing a stream of salt
vanishing a lit cigarette in your hand
production and vanishing of silks
vanishing a lit match
transforming 2 dead matches into a cigarette lighter
vanishing and reappearing a bank note
transforming five dimes into a half dollar
cut and restored rope
producing a silk from a banknote
and lots of variations on the same theme

Cost

9.99 various stockists

Difficulty
(1=easy to do, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used,
4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

an easy 3 to a low 4

Review
very well presented DVD. The presenter is personable and speaks clearly. The routines are done in batches or singly, depending on their complexity, firstly as performed and then taking you through the actions step by step. The routines themselves are clever and imaginative (the salt routine is particularly good) and there is good advice on the various necessary angles and various techniques given for concealment and ditching.

Overall
8/10
As a complete beginner to use of the TT I was very quickly able to reproduce the routines presented here to good effect. The information given on loading, ditching and use of angles gave me a lot of confidence to try it out on people, whereas before i wouldn't have had the guts to stick one on in public (ooerr). Probably not of much use to a more advanced practitioner, but if anyone is interested in TTs I would start here.

fletch
Preferred Member

Postby Mandrake » Nov 26th, '03, 19:10

Nice one, Fletch, I bought Darwin's 101 TT Tricks recently and the ideas/routines in there are intriguing. Whilst a TT is certainly a one trick item (and why not?!), it doesn't mean you can't use it effectively. It's easy to get used to a TT, just wear it at every opportunity so you become relaxed and not so self conscious. Remember that one of the secrets is to know when to ditch it for a while and there are one or two one handed methods which I found most useful.

Thanks again for the posting - much appreciated!

Mandrake
'

Postby fletch » Nov 26th, '03, 19:21

Hmmm interesting, I picked up a booklet at the same time entitled FIFTY tricks with a TT aby Milbourne Christopher, so there are obviously at least another 51 things I can do with my TT that i don't know about. Intriguing indeed.....

fletch
Preferred Member

Postby BaBaBoom » Nov 26th, '03, 20:42

I'm 1/4 indian so I have a perma-tan :)
I havent seen a TT that would be suitable for my skin tone yet, any ideas where to look, anyone?

BaBaBoom

Postby fletch » Nov 26th, '03, 21:41

Bab,
I'm a total paleface so the TTs I've got all look very dark compared to my skin tone and it doesn't seem to matter. Guess there must be darker ones available though.

I've pm'd you a link as it gives things away a little.

fletch
Preferred Member

Postby BaBaBoom » Nov 26th, '03, 23:03

Thanks very much :)
Very kind of you and a good link to some info, again thanks Fletch.

:D

BaBaBoom

Postby seige » Nov 26th, '03, 23:35

Have a search on this forum regarding TTs and colour (I think if you search for 'tip and tone' you'll see the thread I'm talking about)

This subject has been discussed at length!

seige

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! Best prices around! Aeternum Servare Secreta Dude That's Cool Magic Web Design for Magicians