Crazy Man's Handcuffs.

Can't find a suitable category? Post it here!!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Playing Cards for Magicians Dude That's Cool Magic MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide

Crazy Man's Handcuffs.

Postby Jing » Dec 1st, '03, 20:05

For those who don't know two rubber bands are shown linked and then they visually melt through each other, one strand at a time.

I showed this to my friend to today and i fooled him, real bad, twice. He spent a few minutes examining the bands and then messing with them, trying to work out the puzzle. He told me he'd got it and i let him believe he had.
He sat there arrogantly pleased, until i showed him the second method where he holds on to one band. He jumped out of his seat asking what i'd just done. I told him it was just magic, and as i left his jaw was still firmly attached to the floor.

Edward,

Jing

Postby jugglemonkey » Dec 1st, '03, 22:11

second method? tell me more.....actually prob best if u PM me

jugglemonkey
Preferred Member

Postby bananafish » Dec 2nd, '03, 01:32

I totally agree with Jing - CMH gets some fantastic reactions. Its well worth taking the time to learn.

The CMH routine is usually done in two phases. The first where you hold both bands, and the second where one of the bands is held by the spectator between the index fingers of both hands.

I have often seen the second phase missed, which I feel is a shame, as it really does add that oomph to an already great trick. In short CMH is a trick strong enough to show twice.

If you have Dan Harlans magic with Rubber Bands Dvd (1) there are also a few really nice variations that can make the CMH routine even more extended.

Last edited by bananafish on Dec 2nd, '03, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
bananafish
Veteran Member

Postby andycoates » Dec 2nd, '03, 11:12

Have you seen the elastic band trick where u borrow someones ring and make it visually appear to be linked to the elastic band, when u hive the band and ring to the spectator watch them look for breaks and joins in the EB,
Himber elastic band,,he he he he

andycoates
Preferred Member

Postby bananafish » Dec 2nd, '03, 11:17

That sounds like Russ Niedzweicki's great effect called Pinnacle, http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1536 although you can't easily hand out the ring and band afterwards (well you can, but they wont be linked)

After saying that if you use one of his alternative endings you do end up in a very strong situation where the ring and band CAN be handed out, the down side of this is that you can't then do it with a borrowed ring - so I guess it's horses for courses.

bananafish
Veteran Member

Postby seige » Dec 2nd, '03, 11:20

The best 'ring on band' effect in my opinion is Pinnacle, by Russ Niedzwiecki. Theres reviews on the forum for it.

Absolutely awesome, and fully recommended to anyone who performs CMH. Borrowed ring, even borrowed bands (if they're the correct type).

seige

Postby andycoates » Dec 2nd, '03, 11:22

yeah that sounds like the one, nice effect when linked with the CMH routein. Michael Ammar does an effect with headbands where he links them as well.

andycoates
Preferred Member

Crazy Mands Handcuffs

Postby S_adamson1 » Mar 8th, '05, 16:06

Awesome Trick and easy to carry in your pocket or on your wrist at all times. I highly recommend this trick, even though it is a fairly simple to master trick the responses that you will get will be well worth it. Penguin Offers it in an instant dowload but they have called it Quantum Bandits instead.

S_adamson1

Postby bananafish » Mar 8th, '05, 16:11

Penguin Offers it in an instant dowload but they have called it Quantum Bandits instead

The only reason I can think of that they would change the name is because they don't actually have the rights to market it in the first place...

bananafish
Veteran Member

Postby Robmonster » Oct 26th, '06, 17:17

Sorry for bumping such an old thread....

What's the best place to pick up this trick , including the variation where the spectator holds one of the bands?

RM

Robmonster
Preferred Member

Postby Mandrake » Oct 26th, '06, 17:21

Dan Harlan's Magic with Rubber Bands DVD from most good Magic suppliers, also Michael Ammar (check his own website for details) and Google with 'Crazy Man's Handcuffs', 'Rubber Handcuffs' or just 'Rubber Band Magic' in the search details should give you plenty of choice.

Mandrake
'

Postby I.D » Oct 26th, '06, 17:33

I have elasticology download from Penguin. It teaches three phases including the CMH.

I go from this into the ring on string where u link the ring onto the string. Then you hand the spec the ring still attached to the ring. They close their hand and u pull on the string while their hand is closed and the ring comes off.

And from there into rubber made by Daniel Garcia where u hold two rubber hands in the air. You throw the on at the other and they Link! Beautiful

www.youtube.com/brum2redmagic !! Youtube Project started.. early days

Reading: Nothing right now
Studying: loving band redemption
Performing: Speechless, Stand up Monte, Coinvexed,
I.D
Elite Member

Postby Robmonster » Oct 26th, '06, 20:02

Hi ID,

I cannot find that product on Penguin... Have they renamed it or something?

RM

Robmonster
Preferred Member

Postby I.D » Oct 26th, '06, 22:16

not a clue mate

www.youtube.com/brum2redmagic !! Youtube Project started.. early days

Reading: Nothing right now
Studying: loving band redemption
Performing: Speechless, Stand up Monte, Coinvexed,
I.D
Elite Member

Postby mccabe24 » Oct 27th, '06, 14:00

I just learned this yesterday and I already know I will use it a LOT! The method is soooo simple but the effect is so great.

mccabe24

Next

Return to Miscellaneous

Best prices around! Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! Web Design for Magicians Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Aeternum Servare Secreta Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus!