Temptation by Gordon Bean

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Web Design for Magicians Aeternum Servare Secreta MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Dude That's Cool Magic Best prices around!

Temptation by Gordon Bean

Postby fletch » Dec 10th, '03, 17:15

The Effect
This is a stand up version of a three card monte using the ace, two and three of spades printed on proper bicycle cards.As they are mixed the spectator is asked to follow the path of each of the cards in turn and each time the card ends up face down in an unexpected position, with the 3 of spades finally turning up in the presenter's shirt pocket. The effect finishes clean with all 3 cards being fully examinable (although not at the start of the trick).

Cost

£12.99 various stockists

Difficulty
(1=easy to do, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used,
4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

3 and a bit

Review

Really good effect and routine with the target card appearing to jump from one hand to the other with no good explanation. There are no actual sleights involved in the routine (a minimal amount of careful handling), but I have rated it a 3 as the routine has to be carefully memorised in order to work. The patter included in the routine is pretty good and the clean ending makes for a quite mystifying effect. The only problem i had was having the patience to memorise the moves properly, but if you do then it's almost self working.

Overall

8/10

fletch
Preferred Member

Postby Luker21 » Feb 2nd, '04, 21:01

i agree, this is a really good effect. especially with the 3 cards being examinable at the end.
I would be interested if anyone else has any ideas on the order of moves and presentation. i presently have 2 almost different tricks i do with the cards.
if anyone is interested they can PM me.

Luker21
Preferred Member

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Playing Cards for Magicians World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Best prices around! Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR