Visible die penetration.

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Aeternum Servare Secreta Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Dude That's Cool Magic MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR

Visible die penetration.

Postby dazzling david » Feb 2nd, '04, 14:55

Effect: Magician has a blue tower he puts two pieces of card in the slots in the tower. then the dice falls through the card.

Review: This is a lovely trick made by none other than (that i know off ) Davenports. It is quite expensive @ £49. The good thing about it is that it can be used for stage and parlour magic, kids and adults.

I would recommend bying this trick to anyone.

dazzling david

Postby CardMaker » Feb 2nd, '04, 18:16

Nice avatar :lol:

CardMaker

Postby Mandrake » Feb 2nd, '04, 18:45

Tenyo used to do one called The Alpha Tunnel where a steel ball or marble could be dropped through a solid plastic strip after it had been inserted inside a square tube tunnel. Apparently no longer made, it also allowed the same effect where a pencil was pushed right through the tunnel even though it was blocked by the strip. By the sounds of things, if you want this effect then VDP is the only way to get it - nice review!

Mandrake
'

Visible Die Penetration

Postby Allen Tipton » Feb 24th, '06, 12:12

:) It is indeed a delightful visible effect. I purchased the Repro Magic version in 1990 at IBM Eastbourne. This was made with a maroon die or a black one. The side panels of the square tunnel were matched with this. The Die was about 4 1/2. inches square. What size is the Davenport one? It was a pleasure even to stand it on the desk and simply watch it work. I do regret selling it, in 2004, to an eager magician friend who had sought it several years. He makes great use of it.I noticed this morning the Repro model is available, second hand on the Hocus Pocus (USA) site at $150. Perhaps I should have waited. Only joking! It works wonderfully when performed silently but obviously does not take up much time. Writing patter for it is tricky ie what subject matter for a die?
I ended up with a ghost story, read(?) from a make your own ghost( children's ) book with some slightly cheeky patter.
Thinking of buying it again as I do miss it. But is it of a size (in inches) I can use in cabaret or stand up?n AND are the blades metal as in the Repro model? Is it blue with a white block as in other adverts; one of which offers it at £89 + Rather more than good old Davenports £49.
Over to you Dazzling Darren. I do need these answers.
Allen Tipton

Began magic at 9 in 1942. Joined Staffs M.S at 13. Nottm.Guild of M. (8 times President. Prog Director 20years)IBM. Awarded Magician of Month 1980 By Intern. Pres. IBM for reproducing Dante's Sim Sala Bim. Writes Dear Magician column for Abra. Mag.
Allen Tipton
Magical Maestro

Postby dazzling david » Feb 24th, '06, 17:40

The davenports model is blue diecast with a yellow die. The "blades" are thick plastic coated card. I use it in a caberet/parlour kind of thing. the tower is about 8 to 9 inches high, and the block just under 3 inches square.
I solve the problem of patter by doing it to music.
Hope this helps. :D

dazzling david

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Playing Cards for Magicians Web Design for Magicians Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Best prices around! A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Best prices around!