Coin Squeeze

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Web Design for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Best prices around! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks

Coin Squeeze

Postby garethwitty » Feb 13th, '04, 16:38

The Effect

2 brass tubes are shown, complete with a solid brass disk. The tubes are put together, with the disk between them. One by one, a stack of four 20p pieces or 10p pieces miraculously penetrates the solid disk. Everything is then examined.

Cost

£9.95 from emagictricks.co.uk

Difficulty

Easy to do, but a little harder to ARRDVARK last coin

Review

This is a great little trick and has so far fooled many a laymen, and I can recommend any coin worker to use this simple, but great effect.

Overall

A very good trick, but I wished they did'nt use brass, rather a stainless steel version would be better. Like most brass tends to dull after a lot of handling. But a 8/10 for this one

garethwitty

Postby pb149 » Apr 10th, '05, 21:49

i like this trick and it always seems to go down well when testing in front of the kids. im quite new to magic so im still practicing how to lose the last coin. :shock:

pb149

Postby Tenko » Apr 11th, '05, 01:07

Gareth,

There is nothing wrong with brass as long as you give it a good polish every couple of weeks. Looks like gold when polished and far better than chrome or steel.

Tenko.

Yorkshire, UK
Male, 55yrs old, Retired.

"I don't believe it" Luke Skywalker
"That is why you fail" Yoda
Tenko
Advanced Member

Postby kems » Apr 11th, '05, 15:12

I quite like this trick, its also really nice to hand out because people spend so much time taping a coin onto the solid brass!

kems

Postby magicdiscoman » Apr 11th, '05, 16:05

if anyone who has this trick wants the suplimentry document which i cunsulted on (it dosn't tell you how to do the trick) which covers a couple of extra moves please pm or mail me for it.

magicdiscoman

Postby tomrav » Apr 11th, '05, 19:10

It was the first trick I ever got when I first became interested in magic about five years ago and I still use it now.

Its a super little effect.

tomrav

Postby Gochos The Greek » Apr 11th, '05, 21:15

As for coin tricks i prefer this far more than Dynamic Coins. this is a very underestimated trick in my opinion.

I like the fact you can hand this over for examination before and after the effect has been done. As a dealer i couldn’t recommend this trick highly enough.

Gochos The Greek
Preferred Member

Postby derek » Oct 2nd, '05, 17:23

I was going to do my own review but found this and decided to add my own extra bit. I agree totally with everyone else about how good this trick is. It was also my first non-card trick and I never tire of using it.

And it's relatively easy to perform, I often share my tricks with my 8 year old son, and he loves to practise and perform it. So if an 8 year old can do it ... (but don't underestimate it as a kids trick!)

Like Gareth says, you don't have to stick to one kind of coin; experiment and find which ones suit you best. I use a 10p but also have been doing it with a Swedish 1 krona piece which is practically the same size as the 10p. That's because I'm working with a school in Sweden regularly with visits and video conferencing, so I'm thinking of my "audience" next time I see them and use their currency.

Which lets me ask my question to anyone else out there who has this trick, do you know a suitable size Euro coin to use as well? I'm visiting Germany in December and plan on taking this with me. Any suggestions well appreciated, thanks.

Derek

derek

Postby magicdiscoman » Oct 2nd, '05, 21:47

just a head's up guys due to a computer failure i don't have the suplyment document any more if someone else has it could they mail it to me thanxs.
I'm happy to use my public e-mail for things like this. :wink:

magicdiscoman

Postby Cooldudedan » Oct 3rd, '05, 16:12

I agree, its a very good trick, although i bought mine from magic box.. and it fits a £2 coin aswell as a brass block (included)

Cooldudedan

Postby dat8962 » Oct 3rd, '05, 18:39

I too like this trick and what a great idea for using a £2 coin instead of the disk. I'll be giving this a go!

It's easy to convince the specs that the tubes are made from normal brass pipeing

Member of the Magic Circle & The 2009 British Isles Close-Up Magician of the Year
It's not really an optical illusion - it just looks like one!
dat8962
Veteran Member

Postby derek » Oct 3rd, '05, 19:29

But does anyone know of a Euro currency coin that could be used instead of a 10p? Before I go embarrass myself at the local bank asking for one of every denomination and trying it out! Any ideas? I believe you can use a US quarter?

derek

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Dude That's Cool Magic Playing Cards for Magicians Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Best prices around! Aeternum Servare Secreta