The Svengali Deck!

Review area devoted to tricks and effects where props are involved.

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Playing Cards for Magicians MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 9th, '01, 07:20

Hello!
You know one of the coolest decks is the Svengali deck!its terrific!you can do over 75 tricks with it!Here one effect:

Magician let's a spectator chose a card, then spectator places the card in the deck, in a matter of secondes it on top of the deck!Then the magician show the deck to the spectator/s every card is different.Suddenly in a riffle every card turns into the card the spectator chose.

This is one of the tricks you can do!
This deck is sweet its worth its money!

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 9th, '01, 07:23

I have a svengali, and although I prefer using the traditional slight for the ambitious card, it's a nice alternative to use on someone who suspects that you are using a d-l. And there are so many other tricks that can be done with it that it is well worth the money.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 9th, '01, 12:56

There is a book available that teaches you 101 tricks with the Svengali deck, neatly called 101 Tricks With a Svengali Deck, well worth looking at if you are keen to progress with this gimmick.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 9th, '01, 19:49

Hi Stuart, any info on where to get the book from?
Garry

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 10th, '01, 14:52

You can also turn your Svengali deck into a "Mirage" deck by using roughing spray, this will allow you to fan the cards or ribbon spread them.
You know it makes sense Rodney

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 12th, '01, 18:10

Hi Garry,

Have you tried Abrakazam? if you cant get it there e-mail me on stuartwatkins3@hotmail.com and I will send you a contact address.

Regards

Stuart

[Anonymously Posted by: 'terraneo']

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 13th, '01, 04:10

Teejay, the roughing spray sounds like a great idea!!

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 13th, '01, 18:27

Abrakazam sell it.
It really is worth doing

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 26th, '01, 15:49

The book isnt worth buying. If its the one with the Yellow Cover anyway. You are better off making your own effects with this deck. I brought the book called
'101 effects with a Svengali Deck', and isnt all that great, i dont think i have performed one trick from it in fact !

The Svengali Deck is great for beginners, but nowadays, magic is becoming so popular
(mainly due to modern magicians like Blaine), that soon laymen will know all about the Svengali deck, its quite common.
The ID is great however , and the effect is so amazing yet simple !

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Mo Manjra']

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jul 5th, '01, 14:51

Although I tend not to use trick decks I have to admit I love the svengali deck, its just so effective.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Baba Gadouch']

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jul 5th, '01, 23:31

One trick i love doing is putting one of the special cards in my case the 9 of spades into a sealed envelope then riffling the right way telling them to say stop. they take the card they stopped at obviously the special one tell them to put it back anywhere. smack the pack against the envelope say its jumped in it, riffle through the pack and say its hopefully jumped. get them to open the envelope and whala.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jul 6th, '01, 03:09

Anyone tried the card through the hand?, its the only trick i use with the svengali deck, because its so easy and well received. it fools just about everyone.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Feb 19th, '02, 20:44

i own the deck it is rather good considering the amount of tricks you can do with it.it is a good deck and is worth the price at alakazam but i bought it with the blank deck and a tapperd deck all togeter as a special package the decks are all worth getting.

TheOldForum

Postby mark lewis » Nov 17th, '08, 03:12

I have just come across this old thread and feel a great need to brag. Naturally this is a very uncommon occurence for me because of my innate humility and timid nature.

However I feel a great need to inform the world that I have the greatest svengali routine in existence. Here you are:
http://www.marklewisentertainment.com/h ... eshow.html

Go to near the bottom of the page and you will be able to connect to a link which will show you a video clip of this most wondrous routine.

mark lewis
Elite Member

Postby JellyBaby » Nov 17th, '08, 03:31

I was considering entering into the svengali world but always feel so dirty using gimmicks.

JellyBaby

Next

Return to Reviews - Tricks 'n Props

Dude That's Cool Magic Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Best prices around! UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Web Design for Magicians Aeternum Servare Secreta