Chinese Bit by Eddie Gibson

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Playing Cards for Magicians Best prices around! Web Design for Magicians World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Best prices around! A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles.

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 25th, '01, 19:40

Product: Chinese Bit (by Eddie Gibson)

Type: Coin transpositions

Price: £40.00 (when available)

Where: Alakazam or Abrakazam

Difficulty: 2/5 (No skill required)

Performance time: 120 sec

Examinable: Before and after performance

Reset: Instant

Rating: 9/10

What you get:
A chinese coin, A genuine half dollar, an old English penny and a gimmicked coin plus very detailed performance instructions.

Effect:
Show three coins and allow the spectator to inspect them so that they may easily identify them as you perform.
Test the spectators ability to remember the coins by removing one at a time (first the Chinese coin, then the half dollar), of course
they get these correctly.
Then step up the pace and remove the half dollar and place into the right hand, close both hands and ask where each coin is.
Mirraculously the half dollar is back in your left hand but the right hand contains the old English penny and the chinese coin.
These transpositions continue on for another four performances when finaly you hand out the coins for inspection.

Comments:
No sleights are required, but this will make you look like a master of coin magic.
This is a truly remarkable set, and one I would highly reccomend, the coins and gimmicks are of the highest
quality (as you'd expect from Eddie Gibson).

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby Wiffo » Oct 18th, '04, 17:09

I have recently purchased the Chinese Bit (Eddie Gibson) and am struggling with making the use of my pocket convincing. I've not performed the trick for anyone yet since I'm concerned that the first reaction will be 'let me look in your pocket'!! Any ideas how to get round this?

Cheers

Wiffo
New User

Postby Mark Waddington » Oct 18th, '04, 17:27

Ive just noticed that you have so far made 3 posts, each one being exactly the same, in 3 DIFFERENT topics, maybe you could nip over to the introduction page and tell us about yourself.

Mark Waddington
Elite Member

Postby Mandrake » Oct 18th, '04, 21:22

Good idea! Welcome to TM Wiffo and we look forward to hearing more about you soon!

Mandrake
'

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Aeternum Servare Secreta UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Dude That's Cool Magic