The best levatation

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! Dude That's Cool Magic UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Best prices around! World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide

Postby TheOldForum » Aug 4th, '01, 01:35

Im looking for the best levatation i can do walking around. Something that doesnt require alot to carry around. Ive tried the Balducci but it doesn't look very good with shoes. Ive been thinking of buying the pockit levitator but im not sure. Can someone suggest a levitation that fits my description. Also id like one that can be performed surrounded and gets a little higher than just 3 inches.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ron Stroud']

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Aug 6th, '01, 11:42

I have the neo-rise levitation effect... if you haven't seen/heard of it before, the basic effect is done with a jacket held in front of your legs with your shoes still showing. You then rise a couple of inches or so from the ground.

I find the neo-rise very effective, although I actually do not know the Balducci levitation and can't reasonably compare the two.

Neo-rise can be done without any extra props, but it's made a darn site easier with it.

Angle-wise, the neo-rise is okay, but I'd generally recommend that you do it for people stood directly in front of you. (ie. not to side, and certainly not from back).

Basically, the neo-rise doesn't fit your description, but it certainly looks good as a quick (seemingly) impromptu trick.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 24th, '01, 23:41

The Neo-Rise is the perfect "walk around" improptu levitation. All you need is something to cover the bottom portion of your legs. I use my suit jacket but have also used a "throw" blanket off the back of a sofa.

The gimick itself has other uses. Just be creative.

I was suprized how rising just a few inches can be so impressive to an audiance of friends. Best part is... even folks who know the "Blain Style" levitation are impressed with this!

They expect you to turn your back to them but no! You rise while showing them exactly what they thought you were going to hide!

I say you will probably like and regularly use the Neo-Rise.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 26th, '01, 23:04

Where could I obtain this NeoRise?
thanks,
Reed
Nepenthe420@hotmail.com

[Anonymously Posted by: 'reed']

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 27th, '01, 20:36

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 27th, '01, 20:38

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 23rd, '01, 19:30

The Balducci levitation, in my mind is no longer good. With the growing popularity in magic and especially street magic-thanks to David Blaine- people are keen to what is going on. Also it just looks kind of cheezy to say that you are going to fully levitate but not allow the crowd to see both of you feet fully.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 25th, '01, 15:50

This Neo-Rise is NOT the Balducci levatation. In fact (while it is not totally perfect - what levitation is?), it allows you to show the parts of your feet that the Balducci levatation does not allow you to show.

A spec expecting the Baludcci will be suprised.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 25th, '01, 17:23

I have heard a lot about the Neo-Rise and know the Balducci levatation (don't try it when you're drunk!) and would like to add it to my buy list.

Before deciding to buy it however, I would like to know the method to this form of levitation. Can someone please post an explanation in the Magician Only section of this site.

Many thanks... Tony

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 27th, '01, 17:10

No prob, Tony. I'll zip into the MO section now and post it.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 31st, '01, 18:22

Aaahhhh, now I see!

Many thanks for your post in the MO forum. That's really rather clever and explains the need to cover your lower legs, which puzzled me at first.

... Tony

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Mar 9th, '02, 16:14

Question: I seem to have a problem when performing the Balducci levatation, in that if I do not have the people in front of me, then I cannot do the illusion properly. Can any one tell me a way to keep your audience where you want them?

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Mar 11th, '02, 13:12

If you know how the Balducci levitation is performed, then surely you would know the spectators have to be behind you, or have you mistyped your message by mistake?

If you have access to the Magician Only part of this site, I would be happy to discuss the techniques for using this technique.

... Tony

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Mar 21st, '02, 10:20

I've actually learned to levitate a few inches off the ground, and I know I should have thought this through beforehand, but how do I get down again? It's hard trying to lead a normal life like this...

;-)

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jun 23rd, '02, 15:27

i think the Balducci levitation is best performed in a movie or somthing because then the audience cant be in front of you.

but the neo-rise sounds good but can someone post a movie or somthing when it be done that should be good.

TheOldForum

Next

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Playing Cards for Magicians Web Design for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Aeternum Servare Secreta Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR