Camera Coin - rediscovered....

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Web Design for Magicians MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide

Postby TheOldForum » Aug 16th, '01, 10:21

Price: I've seen it for around £12.00
But easy to make yourself if you have Bobo's "Coin Magic"
Easy to do

Effect: A spectator chooses a cards and it is returned to the deck. You now take out a tiny piece of photographic paper and show it to be blank on both sides. You now place it on a coin (I say I need a authentic copper plate and when the spectator fails to have one with him I say a two pence piece will do). You now cover the coin and paper with the deck and allow the paper to develop.
When you lift the deck the image of the chosen card has appeared on the previously blank piece of paper. The spectator can take this miraculous photograph away as a souvenir!

I always find it good to rediscover effects like this in my box of tricks, and if performed correctly it is a fantastic effect. There is no instant reset but the ending is clean and everything can be examined (eventually).

The thing that strikes me about this effect is the possibilities for adaptation. With the advent of good quality colour printers at home it is possible to make your own mini photographs appear rather than just the playing card.

Here are a couple of variations I have used:

I have developed a very small photograph of myself holding the chosen card close to the camera. (this worked really well)

I have used it in conjunction with my “card warp” routine, by developing a “twisted” card just like the final part of the card warp puzzle.

It’s “simple” but effective magical effects like this that can make a difference, well worth a look.

JebHo

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jan 27th, '02, 22:18

Hi Jebho
This sounds like the kind of effect I'd like to do but I can't find any reference to the camera gimmick you mention. I have Bobo's 'Modern Coin Magic'but can't find anything relating to camera or photography. What page is it on?
Bill

[Anonymously Posted by: 'BillParky']

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! Dude That's Cool Magic Playing Cards for Magicians Aeternum Servare Secreta UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Best prices around!