Blink?

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around! UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Playing Cards for Magicians

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 25th, '01, 20:50

Has anyone used the trick "blink"? how did you find it?
Thanks, Don

[Anonymously Posted by: 'charvinc']

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 25th, '01, 22:07

It depends what you want it for..
If it's to do the same thing as D Blaine did then buy a book instead because he did it with sleight of hand.
The gimmick is not very good for close up but would work at a distance however the same effect can be acheived using card skills instead so again get a book or video

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 26th, '01, 00:58

Thanks TeeJay

[Anonymously Posted by: 'charvinc']

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Sep 27th, '01, 23:27

Just to add, I've heard a lot of bad reviews about the Blink card. The secret of the card is revealed if you look closely at it. There are many other slieghts that can be done that are much better.

Don't waste your money on it.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 16th, '01, 10:01

I think the reviews part of this board is really helpful. I was considering buying "Blink", since Laurence's demo looks impressive, but by the sounds of it, it would have been a waste of money.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 16th, '01, 22:17

I agree...

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 16th, '01, 22:33

Actually, i really find the blink card a great gimmick. It can't be performed too close up but its great for visual card changes. I find it much more believable than a snap change. However, for 13 dollars it is somewhat expensive once the card breaks but it adds a nice touch to tricks such as the ambitous card.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 18th, '01, 10:31

I am currently working on my Ambitious card routine, in fact my Wife is sick of me snapping cards whilst she is trying to watch TV... "Can you put those bl**dy cards down!"

So I may well give this one a go after all. If anyone else has got an opinion of Blink I would appreciate it.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 18th, '01, 16:24

Tonykins.It sounds like you are going to buy Blink regardless,but for what its worth I bought it, practiced it,never used it then sold it to a mate, half price (felt guilty about doing so).
I would recommend spending your cash on a book or video.

See Teejay's review 25/9/01

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 19th, '01, 14:00

Ok... So there's no easy way out, it's back to practise, practise, practise!

I have bought the Royal Road to Card Magic (I think that is it's name) and find this book really superb for getting the basic sleights right. It is written in a way that even a relative novice like me can get to grips with, but I would appreciate a video recomendation and preferably not one that costs £25, like most of them seem to.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 20th, '01, 09:25

There is another "blink" type card out there that I would like someone to review. It called the Flash changing card. It's suppose to be as thin as a single card. I wonder if it works exactly the same? Does anyone have this? I have seen a video on the net but you can't tell much from that.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 28th, '01, 10:06

Well, I got a good look at a Blink card and while it is a neat gimmick and fun to play with it is not even close to being examinable nor can it be seen very close up. You need to stand like 10-15 feet away to use it so the "gimmick" is not seen. I made one myself. It works a little faster than the "real" Blink card and it is fun to use, I just would be really unhappy paying full price for this thing!

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 28th, '01, 10:10

You can see a video of the Blink type card I made on my web site:

http://www.geocities.com/da_shwartz/the ... orner.html

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 28th, '01, 12:46

I haven't got blink myself but I would be interested in knowing how you made your gimmick, please post it in the MO forum!!!

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 31st, '01, 22:03

Whoever doesn't think that Blink can be performed close-up didn't read the instructions properly. When the card is static the thumb lays across, and then you start to slightly shake it and the gimmick is then invisible. I have never had a problem with it, and it is a quick and effortless change. However I have had it some years now(still works fine), and so I prefer to substitute sleight of hand. My top 3 changes are Erdnase, Marconick, and Shapeshifter, but Blink is worth it if you can't do a clean change. You might be better getting Daryl's video on changes though, is it vol4?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Neil Cook']

TheOldForum

Next

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Aeternum Servare Secreta Dude That's Cool Magic Best prices around! Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Web Design for Magicians