"The Fine Print" by Jay Sanky

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Playing Cards for Magicians World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Best prices around! Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus!

Postby TheOldForum » Oct 28th, '01, 09:42

NAME: The Fine Print by Jay Sanky
PRICE: $5.00
TYPE: Close-up card trick
DIFFICULTY: 1/5
ANGLES: Surrounded
PERFORMANCE TIME: 1 minute
EXAMINABLE: Yes
RESET: instant
WHAT YOU GET: 2 Bicycle Ace of Spades (1 blue & 1 red backed) with custom printing on them & step-by-step instructions.

EFFECT:
You remove a playing card from your pocket and leave it face down on the table as a prediction. A card is then selected from the pack (let's say the Six of Clubs), but when your prediction is turned over, it is found to be the Ace of Spades! Then you suggest that the spectator take a closer look. Upon closer inspection, printed in small letters on the face of the ace, the spectator reads, "I know you chose the six of clubs." You then tell them this was “Just a reminder to always check the fine print!”

COMMENTS:
I like this gimmick card. It’s not like a real “gimmick” because you can use it as a replacement for your original Ace of Spades and no one will ever notice. It’s just an Ace of Spades with extra print on it. Then you can use it with a forced card at anytime you want. You can use it to end your Ambitious Card routine, etc. I use it to add one last step to the end of Red Hot Mama by first forcing them the Ace of Spades, then going through the deck again and forcing the 6 of Clubs. When you say that their card will change color, they think the Ace that’s been sitting in front of them is going to change (again). Then you turn it over and show it’s still an Ace and they think you screwed up. You then point out the fine print at the bottom of the card and they are dumbfounded. Really good idea although you can print this yourself on a regular ace if your printer is good enough. You get 2 Ace of Spades, one card reads: "I know you chose the six of clubs” & the other reads: "I know you chose the Queen of Hearts”. It’s not too expensive and it is actually useful because it goes with your normal deck so you can take it with you. The instructions give you 4 routines but it's pretty self-explanatory what you can do.

RATING: 8/10

Would I buy it again? Sure

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Best prices around! Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Dude That's Cool Magic Web Design for Magicians A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Aeternum Servare Secreta