Mind Spy

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Best prices around! Playing Cards for Magicians UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide

Postby TheOldForum » Jan 4th, '02, 20:04

Name: Mind Spy (designed by Peter Nardi)
Price: £50'ish from alakazam

Type: A multi-purpose leather wallet. It is very nicely made, measuring 4 inches by 6 inches, so it is a bit too big for a hip pocket. It has slots for credit cards, a zipped up compartment, another non-zipped compartment and a notepad. You also get an A4 13 page set of instructions and routines.

Examinable: No

Angles: OK surrounded, but it is wise to keep spectators eyes well above the wallet if it is on a table, for example.

Effects: The main function of the wallet is as a peek device, to see what a spec has written on a small piece of paper or on the back of a business card. However, the wallet can also be used as a 'switch' wallet, an 'add a number' pad, 'multi-out' wallet, and 'card to wallet'. One of the peek effects is:
You ask a spec to think of a film star and write the name down on the back of a business card. This is placed face down in the zipped compartment in the wallet, which is then closed and put to one side. The spec is then asked to think of a film that the film star appeared in. You give the spec a sheet of paper from the wallet and the spec writes down the name of the film, folds up the paper and puts it in a pocket. The mentalist then reveals both the film and the film star.

Comment: I really like the Mind Spy wallet. It is very adaptable, and extremely useful for mentalists. You get 9 good routines in the instructions plus some tips on handling the wallet by Richard Busch.

Overall: 9/10

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jan 6th, '02, 22:47

If people are interested in a trick where a thought of card is in your wallet then buy a manuscript called ' kolossal killer '. Its not examinable either but it uses a regular ordinary wallet.

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jul 7th, '02, 03:50

Kolossal Killer is a strong effect. When I first learned how it was done I thought it was too simple to be any good. Man, was I ever wrong.

Specs love this trick. Sometimes I am asked to do ID again. I say, "I got tired of carrying around a whole deck with one card reversed so now I just carry one card in my wallet. Name a card (but not an ace, everyone names an ace... that would be too easy)."

It never fails to amaze.

Also it's nice because you set it up once and it's always with you and ready to do (as long as you have your wallet with you, of course).

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jul 9th, '02, 11:01

I have always been uncomfortable with the idea that "once the spec has written the item/name/object down, it then has to be placed inside the wallet"... To me it inmmediately says there's something odd about the wallet, otherwise why doesn't the spec just hold it in his hand.

No if you want a truly awesome and devestating effect that is similar in a lot of ways to this effect then buy a "Nail Writer". They can't be beaten and there's no "right well I'll just insert your selection into this rather strange looking oversized wallet..."

... Tony

TheOldForum

Postby TheOldForum » Jul 9th, '02, 11:08

Yes, very cheap, very simple to use, very effective, just make sure there's no one behind you... unless you place a 'Magic Cloth' over the pad you write on!!!

TheOldForum

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Aeternum Servare Secreta Web Design for Magicians Dude That's Cool Magic Best prices around!