Magic in the Street with raven set

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Postby TheOldForum » Jan 10th, '02, 15:36

This is a long one so sorry in advance

Name: Magic in the Street with Raven
Price: £50 (£35 w/o raven)
Type: Various
Difficulty: Various
Examinable: Some are
What you get: the ID, Bite out coin, Floating Banknote, 2 packs of bicycle cards, raven (Optional) and a video on how too do the two card Monte another card trick which I don’t know the name and all the gimmicks.

Now a review of each trick one by one;

Name: ID
What you get: A gimmick deck of cards
Examinable: Nope
Reset: Instant
Difficulty: 1/5

Effect: Hand the spectator an ID tell them to reverse a card (if they don’t run off), take the deck off them and take a real deck out of your pocket fan the deck and their card is the only face up card in the deck.

Comments: Great trick, you can use these with different patter to get more out of them than just 1 trick but you have too carry an extra pack around as well

Rating 8/10

Name: Biteout 10p coin
What you get: Gimmick coin and 2 spare laggy bands
Examinable: Nope
Reset: Instant
Difficulty: 1/5

Effect: take out a coin heat it up with a lighter then bite a chunk out of it. Show it too the spectator and spit the piece back on.

Comments: A very visual trick. This trick is better if u ask for a specs coin and give it back after. A lot of people get how it works already though.

Rating: 7/10

Name: Floating Bank note
What you get: IT
Examinable: They can examine the note afterwards
Reset: Pain in the *rse to set-up in the first place
Difficulty: 3/5 (just for the set-up)
Effect: A note, paper, cloth ect... floats in mid air.

Comments: Very hard too set up. You can’t see the thread so I keep snapping it accidentally. Hard to get the thread on their shoulder and too stop them reaching for the note. Other that that excellent trick. Just for the reaction after

Rating: 7/10

Name: Bicycle Cards
What you get: Pack of cards

Comments: Just plain cards but excellent quality. I couldn’t do a one handed fan till I got these.

Rating: 10/10

Name: The 2 card tricks on the video

Effect:
1) The Blaine 2 card Monte (need I go on)
2) Also another David Blaine trick. Give the spec a card put there hand in a sandwich with it in-between, you show them your card and wave it over there hands and your card switches with there’s.

Comments: 2 cool tricks but I already knew how too do the 2 card Monte and the other one isn’t hard to find on the net. If the other gimmicks weren't in the pack I wouldn’t want these because you can get them for free. But still if you don’t know the tricks well worth it.

Rating: 9/10 if you dont know the tricks

Name: The raven
What you get: The raven, a shim shelled nickel and a mini nickel.
Examinable: nothing too examine
Reset: Dunno yet
Difficulty: 6/5 (I’ll tell u why in a min)

Effect: Put a coin in your own or someone else’s hand and vanish it instantly. Also many more effects, to many to mention.

Comments: I was looking forward too this more than any of the others, but now ive got it i feel like I have been totally ripped off for 3 reasons:
1: The shim shell and mini coins are American nickels.
2: The instructions are S*** hence the diffculty
3: And because the instructions are S*** i have too pay another 15 quid for the video.
I hope my opinion will change after i see the video and how too use it properly because if it doesn’t I’m gonna go and see Richard Raven and kick his *rse for ripping me off. Sorry for that outburst

Rating: -1/5 at the moment but it might change

Name: The video with it

Comment: The video helped a lot because all the instructions that came with the individual tricks are poor, but it doesn’t show how too use the raven.

Rating: 8/10

Last but not least (it that a sigh of relief I hear)

Overall: I am happy with the set because all the trick are good. the presentation of the set was poor (a plastic wallet with all the tricks in) but that dont matter. I will give it 8/10

There we go once again sorry for boring you

Cheers.............

Last edited by TheOldForum on Jan 1st, '70, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
TheOldForum

Postby ben_rudd1990 » Apr 10th, '06, 00:39

wow david baline is my best magician and most of those tricks well all of them he has done

:( shame he has gone quiet

ben_rudd1990
Preferred Member

Postby Downhill_ben » Apr 10th, '06, 09:55

ben_rudd1990 wrote:
:( shame he has gone quiet

Don't mean to start another Blaine topic, but he is planning something for the 26th May...apparently.

The set sounds good, just a bit too " blainey " for me.

Nice review all the same.

Ben

Downhill_ben

Postby ben_rudd1990 » Apr 11th, '06, 16:10

oh right brilliant

ben_rudd1990
Preferred Member

Postby dat8962 » Apr 11th, '06, 23:43

I'm puzzled.

How can someone market a set called 'Magic in the Street with a Raven' and then state that the Raven is optional :? :?:

If you bought the set without the Raven to save money, would the name of the set change to 'without a Raven'?

I note the date of the original post but all the same ...............

Member of the Magic Circle & The 2009 British Isles Close-Up Magician of the Year
It's not really an optical illusion - it just looks like one!
dat8962
Veteran Member

Postby Mandrake » Apr 12th, '06, 01:17

I note the date of the original post but all the same ...............
Things were different in those days :roll: !

Mandrake
'

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed