d`lite

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! Best prices around! World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Best prices around!

d`lite

Postby maximus » May 18th, '03, 19:33

This is primerely a stage trick, but I have been using it close up with even beter results. the gimicks are well made and last for ever. they are sold singular so buy two. the effect is a bright litle light plucked out of the air and passed from hand to hand, through your ears, out of your nose etc.
The coolest thing is when filmed doing this trick they look like flames.
so I give them 9/10. price about 30 pounds per pair.

maximus

Postby maximus » May 25th, '03, 20:54

hang on a second :P

maximus

Postby Captain Fantastic » Jun 15th, '03, 22:38

This is my favourite trick (believe it or not) and I use this on stage every night... I primarily gig where there are families so there are often a few kids in the place and this is perfect for getting there attention. Try throwing a light at them and then watch them try and catch it. The results are hilarious. I had one woman completely empty her handbag looking for the little red light that I thrown to her. Then I just walked up to her and picked it up off of the table in front of her...
These are a fantastic little gimmick, well worth the price, and suitable for stage or close up.
A little tip - If you have a friend with you throw the light to each other and watch the audience's reaction!!!

Captain Fantastic
Preferred Member

Postby seige » Jun 18th, '03, 09:44

As mentioned, it's almost essential that you buy TWO D'lites.

Sometimes, they come as a 'kit' of two - even better.

This is a great little effect, perfect for beginners and excellent for children's shows. It's great fun to perform, and the reactions are brilliant to watch!

If the room's dimly lit, you'll cause a commotion.

Check out the quick video in the demo video section on www.penguinMAGIC.com - serves as inspiration for us!

I don't own any further reading or demonstrations for this - but I love the impromptu effects (like wrapping the 'light' in a silk, rolling it up, and having it dissapear).

Value for money is great - and I've had mine for at least a year and a bit, and they're still going strong.

Like I said, any doubts about this, watch the demo. They are really easy to get to grips with, and although there's a lot of timing involved, you'll be performing baffling feats in no time.

Editing c/o Mr Bananafish - Thanks :oops:

Last edited by seige on Jun 19th, '03, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
seige

Postby bananafish » Jun 19th, '03, 14:16

I agree with Seige. The demo Video section at www.penguinmagic.com is great for seeing before you buy. So, just for everyone that clicked the link and went to the Penguin Paperback book shop :oops: - here's the actual link. :)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/demovideos.php

bananafish
Veteran Member

Postby the_mog » Jun 19th, '03, 21:49

i must admit i think these look awesome... but for myself it wouldnt really work as i only ever do stuff for friends and family close up.. hell i might just get them anyways so i can play... heh heh heh :mrgreen:

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.. :mrgreen:
the_mog

Postby nickj » Jun 19th, '03, 22:31

They can be fun closeup too if it is darkish, try taking them to a club.

Cogito, ergo sum.
Cogito sumere potum alterum.
nickj
Elite Member

Postby Captain Fantastic » Jun 19th, '03, 22:42

I can see it now.... A psychadelic (is that how you spell it?) big box little box routine on the dance floor...

Captain Fantastic
Preferred Member

Postby Mandrake » Jun 19th, '03, 23:37

With any luck my 2 D'Lites (Red) should be ariving this Friday or Monday. Will check 'em out and let y'all know what I find!

Mandrake
'

Postby nickj » Jun 19th, '03, 23:49

Beware at clubs, bouncers can think they're laser pointers and try to chuck you out! Just leave them where they are and you'll get away with it though!

Cogito, ergo sum.
Cogito sumere potum alterum.
nickj
Elite Member

Postby Mandrake » Jun 20th, '03, 00:14

Thanks for the tip, Nick, but at my age the only clubs I'm likely to be bounced out of are run by Saga! Might be worth starting a ruckus there just for the sheer hell of it though!

:twisted:

PS, Yeah, I know it's late but I can't sleep - OK?

Mandrake
'

Postby Mandrake » Jun 23rd, '03, 18:01

Hee, hee (sorry if I sound like The Mog), my D'Lites arrived this morning but I've only had chance for a quick play with them as it's been one of those days when darned customers seem to think they have some sort of priority.

I can immediately see that these are going to be fun - not really my sort of thing but I could grow to love them. All it needs is a slightly darkened room, some serious practice and a bit of chorography. If you don't hear from me for a while I'm either D'Liting or Deeply Astonishing. In private!
:)

Mandrake
'

Postby unklepaul » Jun 24th, '03, 18:26

i bought one and was disappointed to find that it didnt really fit that well, i cant really use it to great effect.
anyone got any ideas on how to customise it?
desperatly want to use as is a wonderful effect, but just cant!!

unklepaul
New User

Postby seige » Jun 24th, '03, 18:32

The d'lite also comes in a junior size... if the problem is SIZE, then check with your retailer.

If you're concerned that you look like a mutant when using the props, don't worry - if it's cosmetic fit you're worried about - that's pretty normal!

Also, be a bit careful in how you refer to this effect in this public area - we don't want to give the game away TOO much.

seige

Postby support » Jun 24th, '03, 20:49

Hi folks

Many people who purchase d'lite (or even the one that doesn't light up :) ), do initially have problems which are mainly caused by a lack of confidence!

The main points to consider are the angle and motion.

Firstly, wearing the prop take a look from the side - you can clearly see the "seam" and it looks completely ridiculous!! Now, again wearing it, point it directly towards your face - now it begins to look fairly good! When showing that you are "clean", do so whilst talking and looking at the spectator, in a gesture which takes the above into account. You'll have no problem!

In addition, if you "grab" light, then "transfer" the light into the other hand, there is a constant movement, which also distorts any "abnormalities" which may otherwise be spotted.

Specifically with d'lite, bear in mind that whilst it is lit, only the very tip of it should be visible, whilst the rest is naturally hidden behind your fingers.

Taking the above points into account, together with a bit of confidence, I would say that d'lite is an excellent effect which is well worth the money!

Best regards

support
'

Next

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes. Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Playing Cards for Magicians Aeternum Servare Secreta Web Design for Magicians Dude That's Cool Magic MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks