’Bleached’ - by Peter Duffie (A 3-stage packet trick)

Bought a trick? Let us know what you think!
About to buy a trick? Be sure to read our Archived user reviews here and in the three new sections above before buying!

Moderators: nickj, Lady of Mystery, Mandrake, bananafish, support

Sorcery Shop - Home of the ITR Dude That's Cool Magic A web site set up to sell my book, THE STRIPPER DECK, and future magical/mentalism titles. Visit Magicbox for all the latest and best effects! Manufacturer of modern & unique magic apparatus! UK's Online Magic Tricks and Jokes Shop offers kids and beginner magic tricks and jokes.

Postby Ozman » Mar 4th, '04, 19:05

Description

Cost & Availability
£err.. I think it was about £8 at Davenports

Difficulty – 3 (possibly even leaning towards 4)
(1=easy to do, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used, 4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

Review – Peter Duffie’s ‘Bleached’ is a 3-stage packet effect.

1) You start by showing your spectator four cards. Three of them are Jack Of Clubs, and one is blank. You place one Jack on the table and then do a kinda 3-Card Monte with the remaining three cards. ‘Where’s the blank card?’, you ask innocently. Wherever they pick – they’re wrong! Because it’s the card you put down earlier!

2) You then perform a number of moves with the cards, basically demonstrating that it’s impossible to keep track of the blank one. You end by clearly counting through the four cards and showing that they are ALL the jack of clubs! Woo!

3) Now you go for the kill! You place two of the Jack’s face down on the spectator’s hand. You hold your two. With a little snap of the fingers, you turn over your Jack’s to show that BOTH cards are blank! And for the real uber kicker – the punter turns their cards over – AND THEY’RE BLANK TOO!

Overall – This is a really strong packet trick… the routine provided builds nicely and the final revelation is a total jaw dropper… it’s not too dissimilar to NFW, but I just love the moment when the spectator sees that the four cards have turned blank! It seems so impossible.

It does require some sleights (and I’m talking the feared and revered e*****y count and the not so feared g***e). But it’s worth the effort.

I reckon I’d give this 8/10. A trick worthy of that little space you have reserved in your wallet. It even justifies itself as a packet trick, as you have four cards of the same value and suit. So it doesn’t look suspect to NOT take them from a pack (‘cos you couldn’t, could ya! Ha ha)…

Ozman
Preferred Member

Postby Mandrake » Mar 4th, '04, 19:34

Nice review - even if you did refer to that dreaded 'E' word! Thanks and keep 'em coming!

Mandrake
'

Postby Luker21 » Mar 7th, '04, 23:13

i have also got a review that i posted a while ago on this trick if anyone is interested.

Its £9 aswell.

Luker21
Preferred Member

Postby bananafish » Apr 7th, '04, 10:17

For reference also reviewed here.
http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2739

bananafish
Veteran Member

Return to Archived Reviews - now closed

Best prices around! Web Design for Magicians Aeternum Servare Secreta World-Of-Magic, Suppliers of quality Magic Worldwide Best prices around! Playing Cards for Magicians MagicWorld Magic Shop for Magic Tricks